Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Bunac [non student applications] legistics

Bunac [non student applications] legistics

Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Frozenrose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bunac [non student applications] legistics

So I guess this is aimed at Mr Andrew Miller but anyone else who knows please help!

I am interested in applying for the BUNAC open work permit. This will be my third work permit I have been issued [I had a BUNAC student visa many moons ago, and I am currently riding out the tail end of my Grad Visa] Heres the thing though. Okay so I know that it says I have to be in the UK for the duration of my application but is it possible for me to stay here and go to Buffalo and reenter when my visa is issued or do I have to go home for a month [which is hard as I am full time employment right now] until it is processed. I know that I am in theory cheating but can I get away with this... help?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bunac [non student applications] legistics

you need a year's break in between bunac visas, not sure about the grad visa and the bunac non-student one though
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Frozenrose is an unknown quantity at this point

Its been 5 years + since I last had a bunac visa... so thats fine. I guess as I know that my work visa ends July 29 I would like to try to get another visa sorted by hook or by crook [like everyone else on this board] so that I dont have to go home and then wait until the 2009 BUNAC applications to hit [which will mean I am home for 4 months or something unless I am not granted one...]
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:38 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice

Im not sure how'd you get away with not living in the uk, it clearly states you must be resident in the UK for the duration of your application

good luck though im sure there's some folk who dont play by the rules and manage

Karen
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:50 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littletwinkle46
Im not sure how'd you get away with not living in the uk, it clearly states you must be resident in the UK for the duration of your application

good luck though im sure there's some folk who dont play by the rules and manage

Karen
You could put parents or a friends address, mail everything there and get them to send the application for you. BUNAC will never know, however I'm not sure what checks CIC do - you might run problems as they must know you're in Canada on a WP already.