Wikiposts

bullied by an agent

Old May 26th 2005, 11:06 am
Just Joined

international_on_fraud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bullied by an agent

I´m an international and used to be interested in applying for an immigration. Whe I was searching for an immigration service to use last year (2004) some time in June/July, I was introduced to this guy named Mr. Colin M. Fox by a friend of mine (S). He said that he met this guy through a friend (X) because this guy is a close friend of X´s uncle and X told my friend that this guy is trustable and capable of doing immigration kind of stuff.

So I met Mr. Fox a couple of times, did the paperworks, signed a contract and paid an amount of money for his service as well as the application fee. Mr. Fox said that he´d get in touch with me as soon as he sent my application and paperworks. I assumed that Mr. Fox sent my application as soon as we completed everything at the end of July 2004. Mr. Fox also gave me and S small bibles from his church (that´s what he said). I didn´t really buy the religion that he´s trying to sell us, but that time I just needed a help to get my immigration aplication taken care of.

A few months passed by and I still haven´t heard from Mr. Fox. I tried to get in touch with him but none of his phone/cell or email worked. I finally got in touch with Mr. Fox in December 2004, after I got his new contact number from S (btw, S is using his service too and has been having the same problem as I have). Mr. Fox told me on the phone that he hasn´t got any answer from Buffalo (where he said he sent my document). According to Mr. Fox, it´s probably because of the back-log or Christmas Holiday.

A few months later in 2005, I contacted him again on his (again) new contact number that I got from S. Btw, Mr. Fox has been changing his contacts (phone numbers and emails) for like 5 times and now none of the is valid except one phone number. This time, Mr. Fox said sorry that he´s not been working on our immigration application because he´s been helping out his friend with his truck company. I got so pissed off. I´ve never got any phone call informing anything from Mr. Fox until today and he told me that he´s not been working on my immigration thing.

Lately I heard from S that Mr.Fox was making a trip to Buffalo to find out what´s happening to our applications. S had filed a report at the police department on this case but the officer said this is not a fraud case cuz when they contacted Mr. Fox, he´s still here and didn´t try to escape or anything. S said that Mr. Fox called him after the police contacted him, and tried to threaten S saying that Mr. Fox has so much power on his immigration documents that Mr. Fox could bring him some troubles.

I´ve been waiting for about 10 months till now and still haven´t heard anything either from Mr. Fox or Buffalo. I sent an airmail and a fax to Canadian Officer in Buffalo asking about my application but still haven´t heard anything till today.

Some of my friends who applied by themselves already got their file numbers of had a medical checkup and passport stamped. As for me, I haven´t got any rejection or a file number. I´m confused and was wondering whether or not Mr. Fox has sent my application to Buffalo.

I just feel now that what I did for the immigration aaplication was just a waste of time, effort, and money (the most). I don´t know what I could do to find out what´s been happening. Is this Mr. Fox´s immigration fraud or there´s something wrong with the Canadian Immigration administration. I also planned to report this to a local police department but it´s probably gonna end up the same way as S did since Mr. Fox is still around.

I share this problem because I wanna let people know that it´s better to apply by yourself without using any agent. If you desperately need a help, please find a reputable agent or lawyer, not like mine. I don´t trust this agent anymore since he´s not doing anything, even getting in touch with me...NONE!!! I mean where is his responsibility? He only wanted my money and ran away. So people out there, beware of this agent by the name of Mr. COLIN M. FOX. I think he used to live in Oshawa but moved to I don´t know where.

Does anyone have any idea what I should do? Thanks for your concern and I hope there would be a resolution to my problem.
Old May 26th 2005, 11:43 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bullied by an agent

It seems that "Colin M Fox" or whatever his name is is not a member of Law Society and is not a member of CSIC - thus is not authorized to represent, consult anyone nor take any money. Why didn't you at least check if "Mr. Colin M Fox" is listed as authorized as per CIC warnings here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...paid-reps.html

I checked with CSIC list and there is no "Colin Fox" listed there. I didn't check with all Provincial law societies though - it should have been your homework before giving your money to anyone.

Originally Posted by international_on_fraud
I´m an international and used to be interested in applying for an immigration. Whe I was searching for an immigration service to use last year (2004) some time in June/July, I was introduced to this guy named Mr. Colin M. Fox by a friend of mine (S). He said that he met this guy through a friend (X) because this guy is a close friend of X´s uncle and X told my friend that this guy is trustable and capable of doing immigration kind of stuff.

So I met Mr. Fox a couple of times, did the paperworks, signed a contract and paid an amount of money for his service as well as the application fee. Mr. Fox said that he´d get in touch with me as soon as he sent my application and paperworks. I assumed that Mr. Fox sent my application as soon as we completed everything at the end of July 2004. Mr. Fox also gave me and S small bibles from his church (that´s what he said). I didn´t really buy the religion that he´s trying to sell us, but that time I just needed a help to get my immigration aplication taken care of.

A few months passed by and I still haven´t heard from Mr. Fox. I tried to get in touch with him but none of his phone/cell or email worked. I finally got in touch with Mr. Fox in December 2004, after I got his new contact number from S (btw, S is using his service too and has been having the same problem as I have). Mr. Fox told me on the phone that he hasn´t got any answer from Buffalo (where he said he sent my document). According to Mr. Fox, it´s probably because of the back-log or Christmas Holiday.

A few months later in 2005, I contacted him again on his (again) new contact number that I got from S. Btw, Mr. Fox has been changing his contacts (phone numbers and emails) for like 5 times and now none of the is valid except one phone number. This time, Mr. Fox said sorry that he´s not been working on our immigration application because he´s been helping out his friend with his truck company. I got so pissed off. I´ve never got any phone call informing anything from Mr. Fox until today and he told me that he´s not been working on my immigration thing.

Lately I heard from S that Mr.Fox was making a trip to Buffalo to find out what´s happening to our applications. S had filed a report at the police department on this case but the officer said this is not a fraud case cuz when they contacted Mr. Fox, he´s still here and didn´t try to escape or anything. S said that Mr. Fox called him after the police contacted him, and tried to threaten S saying that Mr. Fox has so much power on his immigration documents that Mr. Fox could bring him some troubles.

I´ve been waiting for about 10 months till now and still haven´t heard anything either from Mr. Fox or Buffalo. I sent an airmail and a fax to Canadian Officer in Buffalo asking about my application but still haven´t heard anything till today.

Some of my friends who applied by themselves already got their file numbers of had a medical checkup and passport stamped. As for me, I haven´t got any rejection or a file number. I´m confused and was wondering whether or not Mr. Fox has sent my application to Buffalo.

I just feel now that what I did for the immigration aaplication was just a waste of time, effort, and money (the most). I don´t know what I could do to find out what´s been happening. Is this Mr. Fox´s immigration fraud or there´s something wrong with the Canadian Immigration administration. I also planned to report this to a local police department but it´s probably gonna end up the same way as S did since Mr. Fox is still around.

I share this problem because I wanna let people know that it´s better to apply by yourself without using any agent. If you desperately need a help, please find a reputable agent or lawyer, not like mine. I don´t trust this agent anymore since he´s not doing anything, even getting in touch with me...NONE!!! I mean where is his responsibility? He only wanted my money and ran away. So people out there, beware of this agent by the name of Mr. COLIN M. FOX. I think he used to live in Oshawa but moved to I don´t know where.

Does anyone have any idea what I should do? Thanks for your concern and I hope there would be a resolution to my problem.
Old May 26th 2005, 8:05 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

A sad tale of just how badly things can go wrong.....gut feeling, this guy's a bad 'un. Bibles or no bibles !

If your case file had been received by CIC you would have been forwarded some reply correspondence via the "lawyer", which should give you a case file.

TBH he has probably retained the payment instead of passing your papers to CIC with relevant payment.

I would write/fax CIC soonest with your details and ask if your application has been accepted - if yes, then obtain your AOR letter and case number and tell them this guy is no longer working on your behalf.

Otehrwise, start afresh, send in new application, find out if/how you can get monies paid back from him.

Put it down to a very, very big mistake, move on and don't dwell on it -action is more important than anything right now. And if you need lawyer to help with application, as Andrew says, make sure they are CIC approved. Check on here for lawyers approved by forum contributors.

Rich.
Old May 27th 2005, 6:13 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by international_on_fraud

A sad tale.... May u get urself a good agent and get ur thing sorted soon....
Good luck for that