Buffalo vs. London

Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

newfiegurl is on a distinguished road
Default Buffalo vs. London

I've posted about my situation a few times now but there always seems to be questions! So, this is concerning an Irish citizen living and working in Canada under a temporary work permit. We're trying to figure out where to apply, as we've only just learned that London is also an option, not just Buffalo. But which is best? We could probably get a letter from current employer stating that they would hire on a permanent basis with PR status...does that mean London is best? Regular application better than Simplified? Any advice would be great!

THANKS!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:14 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buffalo vs. London

Originally Posted by newfiegurl
I've posted about my situation a few times now but there always seems to be questions! So, this is concerning an Irish citizen living and working in Canada under a temporary work permit. We're trying to figure out where to apply, as we've only just learned that London is also an option, not just Buffalo. But which is best? We could probably get a letter from current employer stating that they would hire on a permanent basis with PR status...does that mean London is best? Regular application better than Simplified? Any advice would be great!

THANKS!
London - regular application. Could be done in less than four months. This is exactly what we did - see my timeline below.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

newfiegurl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bazzz
London - regular application. Could be done in less than four months. This is exactly what we did - see my timeline below.
Wow, ok thanks Bazzz, those are the best answers I've heard in a while! Did you have to get criminal checks done? If so, did you get them sent directly to London or to your home which therefore went with your application? Did you get any legal advice or just hoped that all of the forms/documents were in order?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:31 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newfiegurl
Wow, ok thanks Bazzz, those are the best answers I've heard in a while! Did you have to get criminal checks done? If so, did you get them sent directly to London or to your home which therefore went with your application? Did you get any legal advice or just hoped that all of the forms/documents were in order?
Police checks sent back to us here in Canada, then included with our weighty application package. We did it without a consultant, but lots of badgering people on here. Which is why I now feel obliged to return the favour.