BUFFALO Timeline ....

Old Aug 21st 2002, 7:01 pm
Emmanuel

Default BUFFALO Timeline ....

I just recieved my medical forms from my lawyer today ... The form states that I need
an interview at the New York Consulate ... My timeline is

Applied : August 15th, 2001 AOR: November 25th, 2001 Medicals and Interview
letter : August 13th, 2002

Now the file is in line to be tranferred to NY Consulate. My online status started
working from yesterday !!! Nothing much there but atleast it works now. It is a
patience wait for another year for the interview now ... It is pretty odd that i got
it tranferred to NY since i thought LA was closer to where i live. [San Francisco]
... Maybe coz i have my lawyers address on file and that is in Mississauga, Canada
....Well it doesn't make a difference anyways ... I will have to request the caips
file to see exactly how many points i have been awarded in the old point system ...
to the experts - if i request the caips file after March 2003, will the points on my
file reflect the points according to the new point system ... i persume they would
change all the points to the new system from March 2003 ... want to know the exact
points i scored before i stand there for an interview ... well Good luck everyone and
hang in there ...
- Paul

Old Aug 21st 2002, 7:36 pm
skinner

Default Re: BUFFALO Timeline ....

Hi,
Would you think that your application would be reevaluated and have a chance of waiver under the new rule rafter March 2002. Obviously, interview is not a selective dicision.

Old Aug 21st 2002, 7:43 pm
Andrew Miller

There will be no selection points given in CAIPS notes prior to selection decision
anyway. And such decision will be made after the interview.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
sending email)

"Emmanuel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] m...
    > I just recieved my medical forms from my lawyer today ... The form states that I
    > need an interview at the New York Consulate ... My timeline is
    > Applied : August 15th, 2001 AOR: November 25th, 2001 Medicals and Interview
    > letter : August 13th, 2002
    > Now the file is in line to be tranferred to NY Consulate. My online status started
    > working from yesterday !!! Nothing much there but atleast it works now. It is a
    > patience wait for another year for the interview now ... It is pretty odd that i
    > got it tranferred to NY since i thought LA was closer to where i live. [San
    > Francisco] ... Maybe coz i have my lawyers address on file and that is in
    > Mississauga, Canada ....Well it doesn't make a difference anyways ... I will have
    > to request the caips file to see exactly how many points i have been awarded in the
    > old point system ... to the experts - if i request the caips file after March 2003,
    > will the points on my file reflect the points according to the new point system ...
    > i persume they would change all the points to the new system from March 2003 ...
    > want to know the exact points i scored before i stand there for an interview ...
    > well Good luck everyone and hang in there ...
    > - Paul

Old Aug 21st 2002, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

andrew, im confused...

there wont be any points in caips? but isnt the decision of weather to call for an interview or not based partly somewhat on the assessment of points? and if yes, then it follows that points were given already as part of the assessment process?

Originally posted by Andrew Miller:
There will be no selection points given in CAIPS notes prior to selection decision
anyway. And such decision will be made after the interview.

--

../..

sending email)

"Emmanuel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] m...
    > I just recieved my medical forms from my lawyer today ... The form states that I
    > need an interview at the New York Consulate ... My timeline is
    > Applied : August 15th, 2001 AOR: November 25th, 2001 Medicals and Interview
    > letter : August 13th, 2002
    > Now the file is in line to be tranferred to NY Consulate. My online status started
    > working from yesterday !!! Nothing much there but atleast it works now. It is a
    > patience wait for another year for the interview now ... It is pretty odd that i
    > got it tranferred to NY since i thought LA was closer to where i live. [San
    > Francisco] ... Maybe coz i have my lawyers address on file and that is in
    > Mississauga, Canada ....Well it doesn't make a difference anyways ... I will have
    > to request the caips file to see exactly how many points i have been awarded in the
    > old point system ... to the experts - if i request the caips file after March 2003,
    > will the points on my file reflect the points according to the new point system ...
    > i persume they would change all the points to the new system from March 2003 ...
    > want to know the exact points i scored before i stand there for an interview ...
    > well Good luck everyone and hang in there ...
    > - Paul
Old Aug 21st 2002, 10:09 pm
Andrew Miller

Most people are confused as they think that interview waiver is granted on the basis
of the number of points scored - *** IT IS NOT ***

Interview waiver can only be granted when processing officer determines during
initial assessment that selection decision can be made on the sole basis of
information and documents provided with the application and it has nothing to do with
points as they are not even counted at that time. Interview waiver will not be
granted if there is anything missing or requiring verification, clarification or
further evaluation during the interview before selection decision is made.

Points scored are entered into CAIPS when selection decision is being made - it
happens either shortly after interview waiver is granted or if interview is needed
after such interview.

I hope that it clears the confusion...:-)

--

../..

sending email)

"bighead" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > andrew, im confused...
    > there wont be any points in caips? but isnt the decision of weather to call for an
    > interview or not based partly somewhat on the assessment of points? and if yes,
    > then it follows that points were given already as part of the assessment process?
    > Originally posted by Andrew Miller:
    > > There will be no selection points given in CAIPS notes prior to selection
    > > decision anyway. And such decision will be made after the interview.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > ../..
    > >
    > > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > > [email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
    > > sending email)
    > > ________________________________
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > "Emmanuel" wrote in message
    > > news:df7c14ac.0208211101.ad94e-
    > > [email protected]:df7c14ac.0208211101.ad94 [email protected]
    > > e.com...
    > > > I just recieved my medical forms from my lawyer today ... The form states that
    > > > I need an interview at the New York Consulate ... My timeline is Applied :
    > > > August 15th, 2001 AOR: November 25th, 2001 Medicals and Interview letter :
    > > > August 13th, 2002 Now the file is in line to be tranferred to NY Consulate. My
    > > > online status started working from yesterday !!! Nothing much there but atleast
    > > > it works now. It is a patience wait for another year for the interview now ...
    > > > It is pretty odd that i got it tranferred to NY since i thought LA was closer
    > > > to where i
    > > > live. [San Francisco] ... Maybe coz i have my lawyers address on file and that
    > > > is in Mississauga, Canada ....Well it doesn't make a difference anyways
    > > > ... I will have to request the caips file to see exactly how many points
    > > > i have been awarded in the old point system ... to the experts - if i
    > > > request the caips file after March 2003, will the points on my file
    > > > reflect the points according to the new point system ... i persume they
    > > > would change all the points to the new system from March 2003 ... want to
    > > > know the exact points i scored before i stand there for an interview ...
    > > > well Good luck everyone and hang in there ...
    > > > - Paul
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 21st 2002, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

yep... thanks a bunch

Originally posted by Andrew Miller:
Most people are confused as they think that interview waiver is granted on the basis
of the number of points scored - *** IT IS NOT ***

Interview waiver can only be granted when processing officer determines during
initial assessment that selection decision can be made on the sole basis of
information and documents provided with the application and it has nothing to do with
points as they are not even counted at that time. Interview waiver will not be
granted if there is anything missing or requiring verification, clarification or
further evaluation during the interview before selection decision is made.

Points scored are entered into CAIPS when selection decision is being made - it
happens either shortly after interview waiver is granted or if interview is needed
after such interview.

I hope that it clears the confusion...:-)

--

../..

sending email)