Buffalo - PR application

Old Sep 26th 2011, 11:15 am
Just Joined

nikandpete is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buffalo - PR application

So we are here on TWP and have applied for PR (SW) starting in May 2010 got a letter in April 2011 and thought it was odd we havent hear anything so we sent an email just so find out what was going on this was the response:
CIC is working to closely manage arrivals in Canada, so that we meet, but do not exceed the immigration levels plan set by Parliament last fall for 2011. Since we have larger inventories than room within the immigration plan for admissions to Canada, we must stagger the review of applications throughout the year.
We do not anticipate that we will begin to process federal skilled worker applications from March 2010 during the current calendar year. Canadian Consulate General, Buffalo New YorkImmigration Sectionwww.buffalo.gc.ca

We were planning to move to Ontario in March 2012 and now have no idea what to do............
Old Sep 26th 2011, 12:04 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buffalo - PR application

Originally Posted by nikandpete
So we are here on TWP and have applied for PR (SW) starting in May 2010 got a letter in April 2011 and thought it was odd we havent hear anything so we sent an email just so find out what was going on this was the response:
CIC is working to closely manage arrivals in Canada, so that we meet, but do not exceed the immigration levels plan set by Parliament last fall for 2011. Since we have larger inventories than room within the immigration plan for admissions to Canada, we must stagger the review of applications throughout the year.
We do not anticipate that we will begin to process federal skilled worker applications from March 2010 during the current calendar year. Canadian Consulate General, Buffalo New YorkImmigration Sectionwww.buffalo.gc.ca

We were planning to move to Ontario in March 2012 and now have no idea what to do............
When does your current TWP expire?
Old Sep 26th 2011, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Not until 2013, but it ties me to my current employer.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Buffalo are being pretty slow, though they are one of the busiest Visa Offices. I was suckered in by all the good things I heard about peoples files being forwarded to LA and processed in a short time, but for the most part they are still one of the slowest offices.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

We didnt have a choice in the office we applied to. The problem we now have is my other half has a job starting in March 2012 in Ontario. We are in NS, I would have to find a new employer and a +ve LMO and I dont know how that affects our PR application.
Also we are getting married in June 2012 in Scotlans at the rate things are going they are going to request our passports and not return them in time................ grrrrr!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 26th 2011, 9:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We didnt have a choice in the office we applied to.
Out of interest, why not?

You say that your other half has a job starting in March 2012 but that you'd need a postive LMO to work, but are you sure you wouldn't be eligible for a Spousal Open Work Permit? Or is his job not 'skilled'?
Old Sep 26th 2011, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Why did we not have a choice? When our letter came back from Sydney it told us to apply to Buffalo....

My OH has an open work permit. SO he can move however I would be stuck here. Which means 2x rent etc. We are both skilled workers and I am in one on the NOC in demand posts (physiotherapy). It is just unclear if we would have to reapply for PR or continue to wait.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 11:16 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Why did we not have a choice? When our letter came back from Sydney it told us to apply to Buffalo....

My OH has an open work permit. SO he can move however I would be stuck here. Which means 2x rent etc. We are both skilled workers and I am in one on the NOC in demand posts (physiotherapy). It is just unclear if we would have to reapply for PR or continue to wait.
Is your PR Application based on a job offer from your employer here in NS?
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:01 am
Just Joined

I am not sure, I think so .... we are trying to find out, all we know is we applied under skilled worker.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:06 am

I am not sure, I think so .... we are trying to find out, all we know is we applied under skilled worker.
Did you do your own application? Do you have a copy of the application?