Buffalo or London?

Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:06 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buffalo or London?

Hello!

I could really do with some advice

We are here legally for two years on Study Permit and OH has open work permit and has offer of permanent work.

We score 82 at the very very very worst of times on the test - so I am hoping if I put everything the way I did together for the permits we may have a straight forward enough case to process (can't see any major biggies but you never know)

Problem I have is do I go for Buffalo that seems to be really quick - or back through the UK where I can't even contact someone if there is a problem through anyway other than email + all the postal crap etc.......

I have 2 years as of September to get done by - which one do I go through though?????/

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give

Mrs Miggins x
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:31 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buffalo or London?

London if application with arranged employment.

Buffalo if without arranged employment.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

happyguy171 is a jewel in the roughhappyguy171 is a jewel in the roughhappyguy171 is a jewel in the roughhappyguy171 is a jewel in the rough

We live in UK but went through Buffalo and found it great. They answer emails really quick too.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:03 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Now it is impossible to pick visa post - one must submit application to visa post processing immigration application from his/her country of nationality or country of habitual residence (lawfully admitted for at least 12 months). This is why Mrs Miggins has two options - Buffalo or London.

Without arranged employment London will only accept Simplified Application and look into it in 4 to 7+ years, if at all. Cases with arranged employment are now put on fast track and processed in London within 4 to 8 or so months.

Buffalo is the only visa post left out of Simplified Application process and still accepts full applications, regardless with or without arranged employment. And Buffalo doesn't have fast track - all cases are processed in 14 to 35 or so months.

This is why advised as I did.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

toaster is on a distinguished road

I just got my PR through Buffalo in 1 & 1/2 years, which is a typical timeline.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 3:55 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by toaster
I just got my PR through Buffalo in 1 & 1/2 years, which is a typical timeline.
It may have been when you submitted your application, but the average processing time for applications already processed at Buffalo is 18-31 months and increasing.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

toaster is on a distinguished road

I might disagree with you on this. I know all the talk is of Canadian immigration system collapsing and processing times spiralling everywhere blah blah blah, but based on my observations, Buffalo is maintaining steady processing. And the transfer of files to the satellite US offices to clear backlog at Buffalo seems to keep things moving.

Anyway, the original point of this post was London or Buffalo. Without arranged employment, it's hands down Buffalo
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 5:44 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I have admired your work from afar Mr Miller and to be honest - if you came to work in a prison I hope you would listen to me and take guidance as that is my profession.....if you didn't you may find yourself in a comprimising and uncomfortable position lol!

I have the utmost respect for your profession and will be taking your advice - so I don't end up in a comprimising or uncomfortable position lol!

Thanks for getting back to me it makes a real difference in the confidence I will have when putting the application together and sending it off to the right office for us,,,,

All the best and thanks again

Mrs Miggins