Buffalo- LA

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

ivan2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Buffalo- LA

I have applied in Buffalo (July 2001, File September 2001, Medical forms January 2002). File is being transferred to LA, since Jan. 2002. By looking at most people postings it looks that most of them got interview date or passed it.
Could change of address fax to postpone the application process. I sent it once in February and on the web-site for a month it was my old address. Therefore I sent a second one, and still for other two weeks it wasn't changed. I sent the third one and finally they changed it. I afraid that these faxes affected the process. time. Did anyone had this problem?
Thank you very much
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 4:58 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Buffalo- LA

You are not reading posts correctly - files received by LA in January 2002 are not
being yet scheduled for the interview at all. Note that if you received a notice from
Buffalo in January that your file is being transferred to LA then the actual transfer
took place at least 2 - 3 months later. And your file started waiting for the
interview only from the day it was received by LA - so, you still have several months
to wait as interview queue in LA is anywhere around 10+ months.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
sending email)

"ivan2002" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have applied in Buffalo (July 2001, File September 2001, Medical forms January
    > 2002). File is being transferred to LA, since Jan. 2002. By looking at most people
    > postings it looks that most of them got interview date or passed it. Could change
    > of address fax to postpone the application process. I sent it once in February and
    > on the web-site for a month it was my old address. Therefore I sent a second one,
    > and still for other two weeks it wasn't changed. I sent the third one and finally
    > they changed it. I afraid that these faxes affected the process. time. Did anyone
    > had this problem? Thank you very much .
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 24th 2002, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Mr. Miller,
However, in January I received a note from Buffalo, that my file will be transferred in 7-10 months and then I will get an interview date within two months.
Again, most of the postings on this web site are telling that people who applied in Buffalo in my time frame have already had the interviews. If you are interested I can post the links to these postings.
Thank you very much.

Originally posted by Andrew Miller:
You are not reading posts correctly - files received by LA in January 2002 are not
being yet scheduled for the interview at all. Note that if you received a notice from
Buffalo in January that your file is being transferred to LA then the actual transfer
took place at least 2 - 3 months later. And your file started waiting for the
interview only from the day it was received by LA - so, you still have several months
to wait as interview queue in LA is anywhere around 10+ months.

--

../..

sending email)

> I have applied in Buffalo (July 2001, File September 2001, Medical forms January
    > 2002). File is being transferred to LA, since Jan. 2002. By looking at most people
    > postings it looks that most of them got interview date or passed it. Could change
    > of address fax to postpone the application process. I sent it once in February and
    > on the web-site for a month it was my old address. Therefore I sent a second one,
    > and still for other two weeks it wasn't changed. I sent the third one and finally
    > they changed it. I afraid that these faxes affected the process. time. Did anyone
    > had this problem? Thank you very much .
    > --
Old Aug 24th 2002, 9:55 am
Andrew Miller

I haven't seen any posts in this or other forums from anyone claiming that s/he had
already the interview after submitting application to Buffalo in the summer of 2001.
Please provide links to prove your claim.

Again - transfers of files (before June 28, 2002) to interviewing consulates actually
were taking place about 2 to 3 months from the assessment notice and then it takes at
least 8 to 10+ months in the interview queue in the particular consulate. The "2
months" you are reading about - it is how long before the actual interview date you
will receive interview invitation. So, even that simple part in your assessment
notice you are reading wrong.

--

../..

sending email)

> Mr. Miller, However, in January I received a note from Buffalo, that my file will
    > be transferred in 7-10 months and then I will get an interview date within two
    > months. Again, most of the postings on this web site are telling that people
    > who applied in Buffalo in my time frame have already had the interviews. If you
    > are interested I can post the links to these postings. Thank you very much.
    > Originally posted by Andrew Miller:
    > > You are not reading posts correctly - files received by LA in January 2002 are
    > > not being yet scheduled for the interview at all. Note that if you received a
    > > notice from Buffalo in January that your file is being transferred to LA then the
    > > actual transfer took place at least 2 - 3 months later. And your file started
    > > waiting for the interview only from the day it was received by LA - so, you still
    > > have several months to wait as interview queue in LA is anywhere around 10+
    > > months.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > ../..
    > >
    > > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > > [email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
    > > sending email)
    > > ________________________________
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > "ivan2002" wrote in message
    > > news:394765.1030156679@-
    > > britishexpats.comnews:394765.1030156679@britishexp ats.com...
    > > > I have applied in Buffalo (July 2001, File September 2001, Medical forms
    > > > January
    > > > 2002). File is being transferred to LA, since Jan. 2002. By looking at most
    > > > people postings it looks that most of them got interview date or passed
    > > > it. Could change of address fax to postpone the application process. I
    > > > sent it once in February and on the web-site for a month it was my old
    > > > address. Therefore I sent a second one, and still for other two weeks it
    > > > wasn't changed. I sent the third one and finally they changed it. I afraid
    > > > that these faxes affected the process. time. Did anyone had this problem?
    > > > Thank you very much .
    > > > --
    > > > Posted via http://bri-
    > > > tishexpats.com/http://britishexpats.com

>
    > --

Old Aug 24th 2002, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Buffalo- LA

Dear Mr. Miller,
these are only two of many postings:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...threadid=77125

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...threadid=87386
Anyway, thank you for your information

I haven't seen any posts in this or other forums from anyone claiming that s/he had
already the interview after submitting application to Buffalo in the summer of 2001.
Please provide links to prove your claim.

Again - transfers of files (before June 28, 2002) to interviewing consulates actually
were taking place about 2 to 3 months from the assessment notice and then it takes at
least 8 to 10+ months in the interview queue in the particular consulate. The "2
months" you are reading about - it is how long before the actual interview date you
will receive interview invitation. So, even that simple part in your assessment
notice you are reading wrong.

--

../..

sending email)

> Mr. Miller, However, in January I received a note from Buffalo, that my file will
    > be transferred in 7-10 months and then I will get an interview date within two
    > months. Again, most of the postings on this web site are telling that people
    > who applied in Buffalo in my time frame have already had the interviews. If you
    > are interested I can post the links to these postings. Thank you very much.
    > > You are not reading posts correctly - files received by LA in January 2002 are
    > > not being yet scheduled for the interview at all. Note that if you received a
    > > notice from Buffalo in January that your file is being transferred to LA then the
    > > actual transfer took place at least 2 - 3 months later. And your file started
    > > waiting for the interview only from the day it was received by LA - so, you still
    > > have several months to wait as interview queue in LA is anywhere around 10+
    > > months.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > ../..
    > >
    > > sending email)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > news:394765.1030156679@-
    > > britishexpats.comnews:394765.1030156679@britishexp ats.com...
    > > > I have applied in Buffalo (July 2001, File September 2001, Medical forms
    > > > January
    > > > 2002). File is being transferred to LA, since Jan. 2002. By looking at most
    > > > people postings it looks that most of them got interview date or passed
    > > > it. Could change of address fax to postpone the application process. I
    > > > sent it once in February and on the web-site for a month it was my old
    > > > address. Therefore I sent a second one, and still for other two weeks it
    > > > wasn't changed. I sent the third one and finally they changed it. I afraid
    > > > that these faxes affected the process. time. Did anyone had this problem?
    > > > Thank you very much .
    > > > --

>
    > --
Old Aug 24th 2002, 1:44 pm
Andrew Miller

The first link (posted timeline by "ronik") - it is most likely a pure accident, for
example new officer has been assigned to LA consulate.

The second link - it was an interview waiver.

I really wish you all the luck and maybe you will have interview sooner by some
strange accident or miracle but don't count on it.

I really would like to see more of those "many postings" if you don't mind.

If for example new officer is being transferred to consulate she or he gets also a
portion of new incoming cases - if this happens such new officer has no backlog of
cases and may start working on cases just assigned while other officers still are
scheduling interviews for cases they received 6 months earlier. This is one of
possible explanations of the situation when someone may be lucky and bypass the long
interview queue much faster.

--

../..

sending email)

> Dear Mr. Miller, these are only two of many postings: http://britishexpats.com/forum/-
    > showthread.php?forumid=33&threadid=77125

> htt-
    > p://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?forumid=33&threadid=87386
     Anyway,
    > thank you for your information
    > > I haven't seen any posts in this or other forums from anyone claiming that s/he
    > > had already the interview after submitting application to Buffalo in the summer
    > > of 2001. Please provide links to prove your claim.
    > >
    > > Again - transfers of files (before June 28, 2002) to interviewing consulates
    > > actually were taking place about 2 to 3 months from the assessment notice and
    > > then it takes at least 8 to 10+ months in the interview queue in the particular
    > > consulate. The "2 months" you are reading about - it is how long before the
    > > actual interview date you will receive interview invitation. So, even that simple
    > > part in your assessment notice you are reading wrong.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > ../..
    > >
    > > sending email)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > news:395160.1030210671@-
    > > britishexpats.comnews:395160.1030210671@britishexp ats.com...
    > > > Mr. Miller, However, in January I received a note from Buffalo, that my file
    > > > will be transferred in 7-10 months and then I will get an interview date
    > > > within two months. Again, most of the postings on this web site are telling
    > > > that people who applied in Buffalo in my time frame have already had the
    > > > interviews. If you are interested I can post the links to these postings.
    > > > Thank you very much. Originally posted by Andrew Miller:
    > > > > You are not reading posts correctly - files received by LA in January 2002
    > > > > are not being yet scheduled for the interview at all. Note that if you
    > > > > received a notice from Buffalo in January that your file is being transferred
    > > > > to LA then the actual transfer took place at least 2 - 3 months later. And
    > > > > your file started waiting for the interview only from the day it was received
    > > > > by LA
    > > > > - so, you still have several months to wait as interview queue in LA is
    > > > > anywhere around 10+ months.
    > > > >
    > > > > --
    > > > >
    > > > > ../..
    > > > >
    > > > > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > > > > [email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address
    > > > > before sending email)
    > > > > ________________________________
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > "ivan2002" wrote in message news:394765.1030156679@-news:394765.1030156679@-
    > > > > britishexpats.comnews:394765.1030156679@britishexp ats.com...
    > > > > > I have applied in Buffalo (July 2001, File September 2001, Medical forms
    > > > > > January
    > > > > > 2002). File is being transferred to LA, since Jan. 2002. By looking at most
    > > > > > people postings it looks that most of them got interview date or
    > > > > > passed
    > > > > > it. Could change of address fax to postpone the application process. I
    > > > > > sent it once in February and on the web-site for a month it was
    > > > > > my old address. Therefore I sent a second one, and still for other
    > > > > > two weeks it wasn't changed. I sent the third one and finally they
    > > > > > changed it. I afraid that these faxes affected the process. time.
    > > > > > Did anyone had this problem? Thank you very much .
    > > > > > --
    > > > > > Posted via http:/-
    > > > > > /britishexpats.com/http://britishexpats.com
    "]htt-
    > > > > > p://bri-
     tishexpats.com/http:/-
    > > > > > /britishexpats.com
    [/url]
    > > >
    > > > --

> --

Old Aug 24th 2002, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

andrew,

your theory of a new officer could be right on the mark...

i personally know of 2 other people in the US who applied in and around may-june 01, were asked for interviews in late dec 01-early jan 02, both of them were transferred to LA, and interviews scheduled in may 02.

another person, applied in late july 01, received notice of interview in LA late january 02, and hasnt heard back as to when the interview is...

if it was a new officer who had a clean queue when s/he was transferred, the queue seems to have bogged down again....

The first link (posted timeline by "ronik") - it is most likely a pure accident, for
example new officer has been assigned to LA consulate.

The second link - it was an interview waiver.

I really wish you all the luck and maybe you will have interview sooner by some
strange accident or miracle but don't count on it.

I really would like to see more of those "many postings" if you don't mind.

If for example new officer is being transferred to consulate she or he gets also a
portion of new incoming cases - if this happens such new officer has no backlog of
cases and may start working on cases just assigned while other officers still are
scheduling interviews for cases they received 6 months earlier. This is one of
possible explanations of the situation when someone may be lucky and bypass the long
interview queue much faster.

--

../..

sending email)

> Dear Mr. Miller, these are only two of many postings: http://britishexpats.com/forum/-
    > showthread.php?forumid=33&threadid=77125

> htt-
    > p://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?forumid=33&threadid=87386
     Anyway,
    > thank you for your information
    > > I haven't seen any posts in this or other forums from anyone claiming that s/he
    > > had already the interview after submitting application to Buffalo in the summer
    > > of 2001. Please provide links to prove your claim.
    > >
    > > Again - transfers of files (before June 28, 2002) to interviewing consulates
    > > actually were taking place about 2 to 3 months from the assessment notice and
    > > then it takes at least 8 to 10+ months in the interview queue in the particular
    > > consulate. The "2 months" you are reading about - it is how long before the
    > > actual interview date you will receive interview invitation. So, even that simple
    > > part in your assessment notice you are reading wrong.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > ../..
    > >
    > > sending email)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > news:395160.1030210671@-
    > > britishexpats.comnews:395160.1030210671@britishexp ats.com...
    > > > Mr. Miller, However, in January I received a note from Buffalo, that my file
    > > > will be transferred in 7-10 months and then I will get an interview date
    > > > within two months. Again, most of the postings on this web site are telling
    > > > that people who applied in Buffalo in my time frame have already had the
    > > > interviews. If you are interested I can post the links to these postings.
    > > > Thank you very much. Originally posted by Andrew Miller:
    > > > > You are not reading posts correctly - files received by LA in January 2002
    > > > > are not being yet scheduled for the interview at all. Note that if you
    > > > > received a notice from Buffalo in January that your file is being transferred
    > > > > to LA then the actual transfer took place at least 2 - 3 months later. And
    > > > > your file started waiting for the interview only from the day it was received
    > > > > by LA
    > > > > - so, you still have several months to wait as interview queue in LA is
    > > > > anywhere around 10+ months.
    > > > >
    > > > > --
    > > > >
    > > > > ../..
    > > > >
    > > > > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > > > > [email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address
    > > > > before sending email)
    > > > > ________________________________
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > "ivan2002" wrote in message news:394765.1030156679@-news:394765.1030156679@-
    > > > > britishexpats.comnews:394765.1030156679@britishexp ats.com...
    > > > > > I have applied in Buffalo (July 2001, File September 2001, Medical forms
    > > > > > January
    > > > > > 2002). File is being transferred to LA, since Jan. 2002. By looking at most
    > > > > > people postings it looks that most of them got interview date or
    > > > > > passed
    > > > > > it. Could change of address fax to postpone the application process. I
    > > > > > sent it once in February and on the web-site for a month it was
    > > > > > my old address. Therefore I sent a second one, and still for other
    > > > > > two weeks it wasn't changed. I sent the third one and finally they
    > > > > > changed it. I afraid that these faxes affected the process. time.
    > > > > > Did anyone had this problem? Thank you very much .
    > > > > > --
    > > > > > Posted via http:/-
    > > > > > /britishexpats.com/http://britishexpats.com
    "]htt-
    > > > > > p://bri-
     tishexpats.com/http:/-
    > > > > > /britishexpats.com
    [/url]
    > > >
    > > > --

> --
Old Aug 25th 2002, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

ronik is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeap, that is true that I got interview in May'02 LA office(applied in June'01 Buffalo office).
I am not sure if it was pure luck or something else.

Now I am still waitng for news from them (it's been more than 3 and a half month) though I was told to hear from them within 3 months...

Well, my advise would be just be patient and wait if this can help.

Good luck!
Old Aug 25th 2002, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

ronik is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeap, that is true that I got interview in May'02 LA office(applied in June'01 Buffalo office).
I am not sure if it was pure luck or something else.

Now I am still waitng for news from them (it's been more than 3 and a half month) though I was told to hear from them within 3 months...

Well, my advise would be just be patient and wait if this can help.

Good luck!