Old Apr 17th 2018, 6:02 am
Just Joined

hishamx87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BTEC National Diploma & CES

Originally Posted by RealVileLev
Guys I literally just got the email from BCIT, it came back as:|

Credential 1: one year certificate.

Is that good or bad?
This is strange. I have L3 too and it came out as "Grade 12 High school completion".

Am I missing something?

Did they send you the report via email? as per their policy they don't send reports via email.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It will just depend on how many points you needed. If it’s enough to get you past the magic 450 number for an ITA, then yesssssss indeed.
As long as I nail my english test on Saturday I should have 457. Fingers crossed.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hishamx87
This is strange. I have L3 too and it came out as "Grade 12 High school completion".

Am I missing something?
It may be the different subjects. I've no idea though, it's just a guess, but it could be because yours is deemed vocational rather than academic.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As long as I nail my english test on Saturday I should have 457. Fingers crossed.
Good luck!
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

Am I missing something?

Did they send you the report via email? as per their policy they don't send reports via email.
Hisham, I got my level 5 one year professional diploma assessed. However I know someone who had a two year national diploma and got a two year post secondary grade back. It all seems a bit strange.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Hisham, I got my level 5 one year professional diploma assessed. However I know someone who had a two year national diploma and got a two year post secondary grade back. It all seems a bit strange.
I got a reply from them. They said, it is forwarded to their reviewer to comment on it. I hope he rectifies it.

If it's rectified, my score will bump to 443.

Finger crossed.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by acrylicus
They asked for my prior education documents, but I refused as we are talking at least 8 GCSE's and other A-Levels, the fees alone would have been over £500 - which is a lot for a gamble with poor odds.
That's really odd, it's normally only the $200 fee per application (regardless of how many credentials you're having assessed i.e. a degree and masters would still only be $200). Were they proposing to charge you extra for the GCSE's/A Levels? Wondering if they've changed their fee policy.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's really odd, it's normally only the $200 fee per application (regardless of how many credentials you're having assessed i.e. a degree and masters would still only be $200). Were they proposing to charge you extra for the GCSE's/A Levels? Wondering if they've changed their fee policy.
Hey Christmasoompa, no, WES charge the same flat rate for all the GCSE/A-Levels under the same application.

What I was referring to was the ~£80 that the examining bodies charge for a certificate to be sent to WES.

So assuming I have about 10 GCSE/A-Levels you're talking around £800 in fees alone...
Old Apr 17th 2018, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acrylicus
Hey Christmasoompa, no, WES charge the same flat rate for all the GCSE/A-Levels under the same application.

What I was referring to was the ~£80 that the examining bodies charge for a certificate to be sent to WES.

So assuming I have about 10 GCSE/A-Levels you're talking around £800 in fees alone...
are you sure that's per subject though and not per examining body?

'You can’t get a replacement certificate for an O level, CSE, GCSE or A level - your exam board will send you a ‘certified statement of results’ instead. You can use this in place of your exam certificate, for example for a university application'
https://www.gov.uk/replacement-exam-certificate

From what I read on the website , you cannot get a cert for each GCSE anyway only a statement of results, so the 80 gbp sounds like it is for a statement of results which would include all GSCE result by a single examining body.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

JayJJeffery is an unknown quantity at this point

Try writing to Pearson and explain them the situation. Once you get their response forward the same to WES. There's a possibility that the same course is offered in Canada too and is considered as post secondary education.

I went through every avenue possible mate unfortunately, had my local MP write a letter, pearson, my course leader in the UK and still nada
Old Apr 17th 2018, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

i'm pretty sure they charge per certificate
Old Aug 11th 2018, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Update:

I applied through WES and they evaluated BTEC Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering as Diploma (2 years). So for the people who are having level 3 BTEC and are planning to get the evaluation then consider WES as none of the other agencies are providing diploma or college level equivalency.

Cheers!
Old Aug 11th 2018, 12:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Fab, thanks for coming back and updating us.
Old Aug 12th 2018, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Curivan123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm currently going to get Scottish Plumbing qualification verified.

the official certification is "SVQ Level 3 Mechanical Engineering: Domestic Plumbing". (Im guessing the same as an NVQ level 3 in England)

Its from the official exam board in Scotland "SQA". Who would be your best bet you think? I was thinking UToronto.

any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by Curivan123; Aug 12th 2018 at 7:50 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 5:20 am
Just Joined

hongthanh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hisham,

Your qualification is BTEC level 3 from Pearson, right? I would appreciate if you could give me the rough idea of how many credits for this BTEC level 3 (I suppose 120 credits?),

Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.