Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BTEC level 5 professional diploma express entry

BTEC level 5 professional diploma express entry

Old Feb 10th 2020, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

sister_natty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BTEC level 5 professional diploma express entry

I know there is a thread about this of a few years back, but it's been closed and I'd really like to get in touch with a person that posted that their BTEC Level 5 professional diploma in Music performance was accredited as a 1 year diploma. I got my review done in WES and they gave me only a semester for it. I really need those points for express entry. Currently at 433 points but with that diploma I shoot up to 465. I need to know where to get it validated so that they give me the one year accreditation which I personally think it deserves!
Old Feb 10th 2020, 3:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BTEC level 5 professional diploma express entry

Hi, welcome to BE.

It's not just the level of your course that WES consider, it's also the subject. So in other words, if it's in an academic subject that you could do a degree or A level in, you stand a chance of getting it assessed for education points, if it's in a subject that's purely vocational, then they won't usually assess it. Was yours in exactly the same subject?

The person in question hasn't been on the forum for 18 months or so, and isn't likely to return tbh. But you can see from their previous posts that they had it assessed by BCIT/ICES - https://www.bcit.ca/ices/eca/.

HTH, good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 10th 2020 at 3:51 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for your reply! My diploma is a BTEC level 5 diploma in Music Performance (professional) I also have a Bachelors degree in Sound Engineering. The person I was talking about had the exact same diploma and subject (BTEC level 5 diploma in Music Performance (professional)) and got given a year for it, it's a shame he probably won't be back, but any leads on to where to get it accredited apart from WES are very welcome! I'm preparing an appeal to WES for the meantime.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sister_natty
Hi, thanks for your reply! My diploma is a BTEC level 5 diploma in Music Performance (professional) I also have a Bachelors degree in Sound Engineering. The person I was talking about had the exact same diploma and subject (BTEC level 5 diploma in Music Performance (professional)) and got given a year for it, it's a shame he probably won't be back, but any leads on to where to get it accredited apart from WES are very welcome! I'm preparing an appeal to WES for the meantime.
A quick look at his posts and he says he got it assessed at BCIT/ICES (link above, I edited it after searching his posts), so give them a try. Will you lose points for a birthday between now and another ECA (I think ICES takes quite a while, about 6 months iirc)?
Old Feb 10th 2020, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed, lookin at his posts he would mention BCIT and I couldn't find their ECA assessment section or find them under the 'assessment of most foreign education' bit on Canada's website but I see now they are the same as ICES. THANK YOU. And yes I will lose some age points since my birthday is coming up in March but I think it´s only like 4 points. I am 29 and will turn 30. Thank you again.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 4:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi, thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed, lookin at his posts he would mention BCIT and I couldn't find their ECA assessment section or find them under the 'assessment of most foreign education' bit on Canada's website but I see now they are the same as ICES. THANK YOU. And yes I will lose some age points since my birthday is coming up in March but I think it´s only like 4 points. I am 29 and will turn 30. Thank you again
Yes only 5 points, so you'll be at 460 if ICES come back with it as a 1 year diploma. Not enough to have got you an ITA in the past few months of draws (last time it went that low was August), but hopefully they'll drop again at some point and you'll get an ITA before another birthday in March 2021.

Good luck, do let us know how you get on as I'm sure others will be searching the forum in the future for the same reason.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I'm crossing fingers on that, at least it'll be a lot closer than 433! I'll make sure to come back and post the results of the ECA assessment through ICES.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 5:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yeah I'm crossing fingers on that, at least it'll be a lot closer than 433! I'll make sure to come back and post the results of the ECA assessment through ICES.
Thank you, best of luck.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 5:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered trying for a 2 year open work permit via IEC - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/i...ntry=gb&cat=wh
Old Jun 12th 2020, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Massey68 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know there is a thread about this of a few years back, but it's been closed and I'd really like to get in touch with a person that posted that their BTEC Level 5 professional diploma in Music performance was accredited as a 1 year diploma. I got my review done in WES and they gave me only a semester for it. I really need those points for express entry. Currently at 433 points but with that diploma I shoot up to 465. I need to know where to get it validated so that they give me the one year accreditation which I personally think it deserves!
Hi , I'm just about to consider doing the exact same thing with the same qualification , WES only gave me one semester and looking at doing the same
Cheers for any info

Last edited by Massey68; Jun 12th 2020 at 7:25 am. Reason: Mistake
Old Jun 12th 2020, 2:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Massey68
Hi , I'm just about to consider doing the exact same thing with the same qualification , WES only gave me one semester and looking at doing the same
Cheers for any info
Hello and welcome to BE!

See post numbers 2 and 4 above - that poster got it assessed at https://www.bcit.ca/ices/eca/
Old Jun 12th 2020, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Massey68
Cheers for any info
Hey! I haven't gotten my ECA assessment yet, Pearson takes forever to send the transcripts! It should be done in a few weeks or any day now though, ICES has all my documents now, I'll make sure to come back and post what the final outcome was if you want to wait for that before paying for it!

Last edited by sister_natty; Jun 12th 2020 at 3:48 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Hey! I haven't gotten my ECA assessment yet, Pearson takes forever to send the transcripts! It should be done in a few weeks or any day now though, ICES has all my documents now, I'll make sure to come back and post what the final outcome was if you want to wait for that before paying for it!
That would be fantastic , thank you so much , could save me the time and expense , much appreciated and good luck
Old Aug 20th 2020, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Hi , just wondering if you received your results yet ?
many thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2020, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Hey! I JUST got my results back, it took forever! BCIT gave me one year certificate for it, so definitely go for that and not WES!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.