Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BTEC Level 3 Diploma & WES Evaluation

BTEC Level 3 Diploma & WES Evaluation

Old Jul 24th 2015, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

graeme.baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BTEC Level 3 Diploma & WES Evaluation

It got me in to 4 of the 5 I applied for, all of them decent, but then I was offered a job instead in the same field, so I deemed the experience more worthwhile! Overall I'm better off career-wise in the UK.

It's a shame Immigration Canada assume a degree means higher educated, when there are so many rubbish degrees out there.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 7:50 am
Tryna move to T.O

Jamieb14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by graeme.baker
It got me in to 4 of the 5 I applied for, all of them decent, but then I was offered a job instead in the same field, so I deemed the experience more worthwhile! Overall I'm better off career-wise in the UK.

It's a shame Immigration Canada assume a degree means higher educated, when there are so many rubbish degrees out there.
Hey Graeme,

Any feedback yet???
Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Only that CES only started processing my application fully in the beginning of July. So hopefully some feedback in the next few weeks!
Old Sep 8th 2015, 8:50 am
Just Joined

jofrazzi is an unknown quantity at this point

Only that CES only started processing my application fully in the beginning of July. So hopefully some feedback in the next few weeks!
Any updates? I'm wondering the same thing. Going to start this process in May 2016.
Old Oct 6th 2015, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

I have fantastic news! CES have rated my qualification as equivalent to a "2 year diploma from a recognized college or institute of technology".

It does highlight that the agencies CIC recommend are not all equal at all!!! What a waste of hundreds of dollars with WES.

The 3 month wait was a ball ache, but YES! I have enough points to apply now.

Last edited by graeme.baker; Oct 6th 2015 at 6:45 am.
Old Oct 6th 2015, 10:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Glad that gets you over the magic 450 points figure and that you finally have the answer you were after. Thanks for posting the result for others too.

Good luck with the app.
Old Oct 6th 2015, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

NATIONAL-VELVET is a jewel in the roughNATIONAL-VELVET is a jewel in the roughNATIONAL-VELVET is a jewel in the roughNATIONAL-VELVET is a jewel in the rough

Sorry for butting in but do WES / ICAS only assess academic qualifications / education? My husband has vendor / professional certifications (Microsoft) and a 1 yr City & Guilds from decades ago. I read somewhere about the educational institute having to send them direct (ie you're not allowed to see them) which isn't relevant as they weren't sat at ed institutes, they were studied off his own back and he has the certificates in his hand....

???
Old Oct 6th 2015, 9:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NATIONAL-VELVET
Sorry for butting in but do WES / ICAS only assess academic qualifications / education?
Yes, they do. The City & Guilds might count though (?) so could be worth sending, but the Microsoft qualification definitely won't.

HTH.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 5:15 am
Tryna move to T.O

I have fantastic news! CES have rated my qualification as equivalent to a "2 year diploma from a recognized college or institute of technology".

It does highlight that the agencies CIC recommend are not all equal at all!!! What a waste of hundreds of dollars with WES.

The 3 month wait was a ball ache, but YES! I have enough points to apply now.
OMG AMAZING! Congrats dude, Im going to get on its straightaway! good luck with the PR now!

Did you get your secondary school studies assessed too or just your Post secondary BTEC??

Last edited by Jamieb14; Oct 7th 2015 at 5:52 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 9:23 pm
Tryna move to T.O

Just FYI for other reading this post, I also got my qualifications re-evaluated by CES and they gave me 2 Years so for people with 2 year BTEC's I guess you should use CES.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 9:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Jamieb14
Just FYI for other reading this post, I also got my qualifications re-evaluated by CES and they gave me 2 Years so for people with 2 year BTEC's I guess you should use CES.
Brilliant, thanks for reporting back.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 4:31 am
Just Joined

MGill is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Graeme/Jamie,
Do you think my A Level will lead to the same result you guys got for your BTEC?

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 4:39 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MGill
Hi Graeme/Jamie,
Do you think my A Level will lead to the same result you guys got for your BTEC?

Thanks
A levels are not post secondary education. They would equate to a grade 12 secondary education in Canada.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 4:51 am
Just Joined

MGill is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Aviator, thanks for the quick reply.

I was thinking that the AS Level (grade 12), is most certainly secondary in Canada, but hoping that the 2nd year in which we get our full A Level (A2), is then really by equivalency Grade 13, or 1st year of undergrad by Canadian standard?
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 6:16 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MGill
Hi Aviator, thanks for the quick reply.

I was thinking that the AS Level (grade 12), is most certainly secondary in Canada, but hoping that the 2nd year in which we get our full A Level (A2), is then really by equivalency Grade 13, or 1st year of undergrad by Canadian standard?
Its not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.