Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

British wife - status after my demise ?

British wife - status after my demise ?

Old Feb 25th 2001, 7:53 am
Sandy Naismith

As a Canadian returning to Canada after many years away, I have a question regarding my
British wife of 25 years. If anything untoward happened to me in the years prior to her
obtaining citizenship/residency, would she be allowed to remain in Canada ? Thats it any
help would be fine Sandy Naismith

Old Feb 25th 2001, 8:03 pm
WebImmigration.Com

Hi:

In general, regardless of your status, once your wife obtains Canadian permanent residency
she will be allowed to remain in Canada.

For information on spousal sponsorships go to http://www.webimmigration.com/famclass.html

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

> As a Canadian returning to Canada after many years away, I have a question regarding my
> British wife of 25 years. If anything untoward happened to me in the years prior to her
> obtaining citizenship/residency, would she be allowed to remain in Canada ? Thats it any
> help would be fine Sandy Naismith

Old Feb 26th 2001, 4:48 pm
James Metcalfe

If you were to meet an untimely end (heaven forbid) prior to her becoming a PR of Canada
she could have her application refused particularly if you were to sponsor her. It has
happened before. However once granted PR status you are free to depart this earth with a
clear conscience.

Jim metcalfe , Consultant and former visa officer

> Hi:
>
> In general, regardless of your status, once your wife obtains Canadian permanent
> residency she will be allowed to remain in Canada.
>
> For information on spousal sponsorships go to
> http://www.webimmigration.com/famclass.html
>
> Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.
> _________________________
> Webimmigration.com, Embrace Opportunity 688-287 Broadway Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada R3C
> 0R9 Tel: 1-204-943-3303 Fax: 1-204-895-4042 Email: [email protected]
>
>

> > As a Canadian returning to Canada after many years away, I have a
question
> > regarding my British wife of 25 years. If anything untoward happened to me in the
> > years prior to her obtaining citizenship/residency, would she be allowed to remain in
> > Canada ? Thats it any help would be fine Sandy Naismith
> >
> >