Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

British and crossing the border back into canada

British and crossing the border back into canada

Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light
Default British and crossing the border back into canada

I know this is the wrong forum but I’ve asked this question the US immigration forum with no avail, I’m sure many of us here are British citizens and Canadian PR’s, and when you decided to visit the US you forgot to hand your Visa Wavier form to the Canadian customs people when you leave the US and enter Canada… well I forgot and it expired last week, people in the US forum told me to send it to USCIS with evidence that I left the US and live in Canada, which is all fine, but my problem is an American friend of mine drove me across the border and I got the greyhound back to Toronto, so my question is on the back of the Visa waiver form it says Carrier / ship name, since I crossed the border via car do I just put left via personal Car or do I have to the Licence plate number of my friend car on the back??

Many Thanks guys!!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future
Default Re: British and crossing the border back into canada

Originally Posted by celine_uk
I know this is the wrong forum but I’ve asked this question the US immigration forum with no avail, I’m sure many of us here are British citizens and Canadian PR’s, and when you decided to visit the US you forgot to hand your Visa Wavier form to the Canadian customs people when you leave the US and enter Canada… well I forgot and it expired last week, people in the US forum told me to send it to USCIS with evidence that I left the US and live in Canada, which is all fine, but my problem is an American friend of mine drove me across the border and I got the greyhound back to Toronto, so my question is on the back of the Visa waiver form it says Carrier / ship name, since I crossed the border via car do I just put left via personal Car or do I have to the Licence plate number of my friend car on the back??

Many Thanks guys!!

They left the green visa waiver thing in my passport last time I left the US, just post it to your nearest US Consulate, put your passport number in your covering letter (this is what I was told to do and did).
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:06 am
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point

I had similar problem a couple fo weeks ago.

Please refer to the following page on US consulate. It has detailed
instructions
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/cbp/i94.html
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kbryant
They left the green visa waiver thing in my passport last time I left the US, just post it to your nearest US Consulate, put your passport number in your covering letter (this is what I was told to do and did).
You cant send it to a US conulate but to the address in my above post. Did you fill the back of the green waiver form when you sent yours?
Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by celine_uk
You cant send it to a US conulate but to the address in my above post. Did you fill the back of the green waiver form when you sent yours?

US Consulate in Toronto told me to send it back to them (visa section), don't remember if I filled out back or not.