British Columba PNP Problem

Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:44 am
Just Joined

confusedparent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Columba PNP Problem

Last January my eldest son received his acceptance on the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Programme. He had been working in Canada for a year prior to that on the BUNAC scheme and had met the owner of a small company who offered him a job and managed to get him accepted on the BC PNP. He came back to London to get his paperwork finalised at CIC in London and flew back put in February. All he received, to my knowledge, was his PNP authorisation. Upon arrival back in Vancouver he was issued with a two year temporary work visa and started his job. In September he company he was working with hit problems and he was made redundant. He managed to find another job quite quickly. After having his medical and police checks (UK) processed he submitted his application for Permanent Residence in November.
Last week he received an e-mail from the BC PNP officers stating that because he had failed to process his permanent residence application within 6 months of his PNP being approved he had effectively been withdrawn from PNP and he would either have to start again or apply for residence without PNP (4 years?). The former may be more difficult now as his current employer did not advertise the job and consider Canadian candidates. He has been through all his paperwork and not found any reference to a time limit.
My apologies if all this is not clear. Has anyone heard of a time limit for PR applications under BC PNP?
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:15 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Columba PNP Problem

Hi

I am fairly sure there are time limits on all PNP applications in how long you have to submit your PR application to London. I think each province seems to have their own timescale, ours for NS was 90 days from the nomination being received.

Hope your son is able to sort something out soon
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by confusedparent
Last January my eldest son received his acceptance on the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Programme. He had been working in Canada for a year prior to that on the BUNAC scheme and had met the owner of a small company who offered him a job and managed to get him accepted on the BC PNP. He came back to London to get his paperwork finalised at CIC in London and flew back put in February. All he received, to my knowledge, was his PNP authorisation. Upon arrival back in Vancouver he was issued with a two year temporary work visa and started his job. In September he company he was working with hit problems and he was made redundant. He managed to find another job quite quickly. After having his medical and police checks (UK) processed he submitted his application for Permanent Residence in November.
Last week he received an e-mail from the BC PNP officers stating that because he had failed to process his permanent residence application within 6 months of his PNP being approved he had effectively been withdrawn from PNP and he would either have to start again or apply for residence without PNP (4 years?). The former may be more difficult now as his current employer did not advertise the job and consider Canadian candidates. He has been through all his paperwork and not found any reference to a time limit.
My apologies if all this is not clear. Has anyone heard of a time limit for PR applications under BC PNP?
I would recommend he call PNP asap and explain the situation. However as there is a new employer involved chances are the original PNP certification is invalid as it is employer driven. Secondly when a TWP is issued off the back of a PNP certificate it may state on the TWP that he is only allowed to work for the employer stated on the TWP so his current working ability and status may also be invalid.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

jogi34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ScottDrummer
I would recommend he call PNP asap and explain the situation. However as there is a new employer involved chances are the original PNP certification is invalid as it is employer driven. Secondly when a TWP is issued off the back of a PNP certificate it may state on the TWP that he is only allowed to work for the employer stated on the TWP so his current working ability and status may also be invalid.
It is clearly mentioned in certificate that you have to submit your application on such date, failing this will start the process again to get the PNP certificate. the certifiate is valid for six months time.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:59 am
Just Joined

confusedparent is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for the quick responses. It does not look too good for my son. The only thing is that he never appeared to be give the PNP certificate as such, just some other paperwork. He is investigating that right now. Anyway because he has a new job I suspect he has no choice but to apply again. Thanks once again.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

killbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the rough

If he got a new job there is a possibility to transfer his previous PNP to the new employer. Ask your son to contact PNP and talk to the present employer.

As far as I know the BC PNP guys are helpful. At least from my experience and from what I have seen.

All the best.