Brit looking at emigrating

Old Aug 20th 2016, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Rodthegasgod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brit looking at emigrating

Hi guys, my wife and I have been looking at emigrating to Alberta. We have been looking for a reputable company for around 3 months, but are finding it very difficult, to find a company that we can trust, to help us. We were wondering if any of you could recommend a company based on experience or if there is a way to proceed ourselves. Thanks for taking the time to read, Rod � ����

Last edited by Rodthegasgod; Aug 20th 2016 at 10:16 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2016, 10:00 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit looking at emigrating

Originally Posted by Rodthegasgod
Hi guys, my wife and I have been looking at emigrating to Alberta for around 3 months, but are finding it very difficult, to find a company that we can trust to help us. We were wondering if any of you could recommend a company based on experience or if there is a way to proceed ourselves. Thanks for taking the time to read, Rod � ����
Emigrating for 3 months does not seem worthwhile. Lot of expense for such a short time.
Old Aug 20th 2016, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Damn, my original post was so misleading. I meant that we have been looking for a reputable company for 3 months. We are looking at the express immigration program for permanent residency. Sorry i am new to this, not sure if i can edit original post 😬
Old Aug 21st 2016, 1:32 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, my original post was so misleading. I meant that we have been looking for a reputable company for 3 months. We are looking at the express immigration program for permanent residency. Sorry i am new to this, not sure if i can edit original post 😬
I was just being factitious
Old Aug 21st 2016, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Hindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, my wife and I have been looking at emigrating to Alberta. We have been looking for a reputable company for around 3 months, but are finding it very difficult, to find a company that we can trust, to help us. We were wondering if any of you could recommend a company based on experience or if there is a way to proceed ourselves. Thanks for taking the time to read, Rod � ����
You don't have to use an immigration lawyer, do the paperwork yourself and save alot of money.

Alberta's economy is hurting right now, have you considered Saskatchewan ?
Old Aug 21st 2016, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
I was just being factitious
I think you must have meant fractious...
but most certainly NOT facetious....
Old Aug 21st 2016, 7:04 am
Just Joined

We have thought about Saskatchewan, more so because my trade is on their list, so I can apply for a PNP. But from the research we have done it appears the crime rate there is quite high and we have read that it is very boring with very long winters, not sure if all of this is true � ����
Old Aug 21st 2016, 7:17 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

We have thought about Saskatchewan, more so because my trade is on their list, so I can apply for a PNP. But from the research we have done it appears the crime rate there is quite high and we have read that it is very boring with very long winters, not sure if all of this is true � ����
Oh, its true. But no more or less so than Alberta.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 7:42 am
Just Joined

This is a concern. We love getting out and about with the kids on evenings and weekends, not a great deal to do where we live as it rains very often, would there be activities fir us to do in Alberta or Saskatchewan?
Old Aug 21st 2016, 7:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If rain stops you getting 'out and about' with kids, then how do you think Canada's climate's going to make it any easier? Tbh, if you're an outdoorsy kind of family then you always will be, whether it's raining or -20 outside. I live in the UK now and the rain doesn't stop us at all, we often go for walks/cycle rides etc in the rain, but we love to be outside (kids are often found bouncing on the trampoline in a downpour!). If rain stops you now, then the cold, snow or humidity of Canada is likely to as well IMO.

But I agree with the above, absolutely no need to use anybody to help with you with a visa app, most on the forum do it themselves and it's fairly easy, especially now you've found BE!

If you're eligible (make sure you're scoring enough on the Comprehensive Ranking System to get PR via EE - 450-480 as a minimum), then you need to book your IELTS, order your ECA's and apply online. Seemples - as those annoying meerkats would say! There's no more paperwork until you actually get invited to apply for PR, so that might be the point you want to hire someone if you get stuck then (although few do).

Best of luck with it.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Saskatoon for 3 + years, didn't get stabbed or shot and made some great friends. I work in agriculture and can find work anywhere in the prairies, I came to Alberta to find an affordable house to buy. Saskatchewan has a way better economy, I'd strongly suggest considering Saskatoon, I always rented on the east side of Saskatoon and didn't have any issues. As somebody else said here it will be just as cold in Alberta
Old Aug 21st 2016, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for replies. May I ask, is there a good social life for my children in Saskatchewan? We haven't done as much research on that province as we have Alberta. Its such a big decision as you all already know ?
Old Aug 21st 2016, 3:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for replies. May I ask, is there a good social life for my children in Saskatchewan? We haven't done as much research on that province as we have Alberta. Its such a big decision as you all already know ?
Not sure what you meant 'social life'? Do you mean extra curricular activities? If so, then you can find the same kind of thing as in the UK usually, although it tends to cost more in Canada for some reason. But before you research any province, have you checked to see if you definitely score enough on the CRS to get PR without a job offer? It's just that if you need a job offer, then you might find you just have to go wherever you can find an employer prepared to sponsor you, so might end up somewhere completely different!

If you're sure you do score enough and jo job offer is needed, then that's all good. So you could plan a recce trip to SK to see what you think. No point in spending £25k or more on moving there until you've visited and see what you think!

Lots of threads in the main forums about SK so they're well worth a search too.

Good luck.