Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Bringing an unrelated person on visit

Bringing an unrelated person on visit

Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing an unrelated person on visit

Originally Posted by manitobain
The question is regarding a TRV ..in which case, yes a support letter from Canada should help when applying (I don't think it needs to be family), but some ties should be shown (does this person know her?)
But as before mentioned, she will also need to show enough ties to India, that the Officer is convinced she will return at the end of the visit...which could weigh heavier than all the rest.

I know that did you read all my replies?
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

mathewpsimon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all who contributed.I think I am much clearer now.Only last question,for this TRV support letter form a person who is not that great financially will it be a disadvantage for the application ?
Originally Posted by manitobain
The question is regarding a TRV ..in which case, yes a support letter from Canada should help when applying (I don't think it needs to be family), but some ties should be shown (does this person know her?)
But as before mentioned, she will also need to show enough ties to India, that the Officer is convinced she will return at the end of the visit...which could weigh heavier than all the rest.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mathewpsimon
Thanks to all who contributed.I think I am much clearer now.Only last question,for this TRV support letter form a person who is not that great financially will it be a disadvantage for the application ?
Nobody on here unless a CIC officer in a Consulate could really answer that one. It may help or it may not.
Basically she is coming to visit YOU not the other person so she needs to convey to CIC that you are a PR but not eligible for super visa and will they grant her a normal visitor visa. Why complicate matters?
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:07 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Does she have any other family in India (your father for example?) A job, a property??? and has she done a lot of travelling before.

If the answer is no to the above, then she will likely be denied a tourist visa because she hasn't shown any history of travel and return, nor any ties to India.

What is the longest you want her to stay?

I also think it will be a major red flag to the visa office, that she has family in Canada yet they are not the ones inviting her. She will have to state on her application that you live here anyway and that will make it seem even more likely she will be refused.

Last edited by mandymoochops; Feb 14th 2013 at 5:11 am.