Bring forward date question

Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:37 am
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough
Default Bring forward date question

If I would like to know what my 'bring forward date' is, do I have to request CAIPS notes or is there any other way to find out this date?

Thank you
Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:02 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bring forward date question

It is absolutely irrelevant for you information. It is only the reminder set by processing officer to look at your case if no activity occurs earlier. Each time some activity happens officer sets new BF date - you can only see it from CAIPS file, but remember that by the time you get the printout it may already be outdated.

Again - it provides no useful information of any kind for you.

Originally posted by ozinca
If I would like to know what my 'bring forward date' is, do I have to request CAIPS notes or is there any other way to find out this date?

Thank you
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Ariel is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Mr. Miller,
Does this mean that if I am on the queue for selection decision, i.e. all documents have been received and in order, no action is expected from my side, and the next anticipated action is review by a visa officer, then when the bring forward date comes, the officer will just look at the file and do nothing. Why not just make a selection decision then, instead of rescheduling the bf'd? Will there be a different reminder for him when my turn in the queue comes, which does not depend on the bf'd and how is it reflected (if so) in the CAIPS.
Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:49 am

If you are still waiting for initial assessment then CAIPS printout will tell you nothing about your case, waiting time, etc.

If you got AOR only so far then wait for assessment notice - be patient and don't get stressed out with BF dates or anything else.

Originally posted by Ariel
Dear Mr. Miller,
Does this mean that if I am on the queue for selection decision, i.e. all documents have been received and in order, no action is expected from my side, and the next anticipated action is review by a visa officer, then when the bring forward date comes, the officer will just look at the file and do nothing. Why not just make a selection decision then, instead of rescheduling the bf'd? Will there be a different reminder for him when my turn in the queue comes, which does not depend on the bf'd and how is it reflected (if so) in the CAIPS.
Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
If you are still waiting for initial assessment then CAIPS printout will tell you nothing about your case, waiting time, etc.

If you got AOR only so far then wait for assessment notice - be patient and don't get stressed out with BF dates or anything else.
Does this mean that if you already got your IA the Caips notes can tell you something about your waiting time???
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:51 am

Nope

Originally posted by tsananez
Does this mean that if you already got your IA the Caips notes can tell you something about your waiting time???
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:41 am
Just Joined

I passed paperscreening (over an year and half ago) and from CAIPS know that I have been initially assessed as having sufficient points. My CAIPS have PSDEC 1 and the rest SELDEC, etc. is 0. CAIPS say I am in the queue for selection decision and there was a bf'd in them that passed 2 months ago and really nothing happened after that. I am just wondering why they did not make a selection decision on this date as they had all they needed to do that. What were they waiting for? If they are waiting for my turn in the queue to come, how will they know? Is my chronological order in the queue in some way reflected in the CAIPS and how is it reminded to the officer if not by a bf'd? And if I request CAIPS now and the only difference is a new bf'd, will it mean something?
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ariel
I passed paperscreening (over an year and half ago) and from CAIPS know that I have been initially assessed as having sufficient points. My CAIPS have PSDEC 1 and the rest SELDEC, etc. is 0. CAIPS say I am in the queue for selection decision and there was a bf'd in them that passed 2 months ago and really nothing happened after that. I am just wondering why they did not make a selection decision on this date as they had all they needed to do that. What were they waiting for? If they are waiting for my turn in the queue to come, how will they know? Is my chronological order in the queue in some way reflected in the CAIPS and how is it reminded to the officer if not by a bf'd? And if I request CAIPS now and the only difference is a new bf'd, will it mean something?
Have you already completedyour medical exams???...did you applied through Buffalo???...thanks
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:25 am
Just Joined

I have not received medical forms yet. That is why I am wondering when will I get an interview waiver and medicals.