Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Which bridge to cross in buffalo??

Which bridge to cross in buffalo??

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

sandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Which bridge to cross in buffalo??

Hi All,
we are planning to land in buffalo and then cross over to canada to complete the landing process.Researching thru the website, it seems that there are 4 bridges in buffalo thru which one can possibly go to canada.
I wanted to know from experts if we have to cross thru any particular bridge for landing purpose or we can enter thru any bridge. My intent is to land, complete the formalities and comeback possibly in the same day..to wind up my operations here in usa(probably couple of months)

Any advise is highly appreciated
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all
Default Re: Which bridge to cross in buffalo??

Originally Posted by sandeep0909
Hi All,
we are planning to land in buffalo and then cross over to canada to complete the landing process.Researching thru the website, it seems that there are 4 bridges in buffalo thru which one can possibly go to canada.
I wanted to know from experts if we have to cross thru any particular bridge for landing purpose or we can enter thru any bridge. My intent is to land, complete the formalities and comeback possibly in the same day..to wind up my operations here in usa(probably couple of months)

Any advise is highly appreciated
Only 3 of the bridges can be used for landing. The Whirlpool bridge is not open for general traffic and is for people with special passes (CanPass or something) only. I landed at the Peace Bridge (largest of the 3) but Lewiston Bridge would be OK too since they are both on a major Interstate highway. Rainbow Bridge is not on a major highway and is difficult to get to, so I wouldn't bother with it.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

sandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sysclp
Only 3 of the bridges can be used for landing. The Whirlpool bridge is not open for general traffic and is for people with special passes (CanPass or something) only. I landed at the Peace Bridge (largest of the 3) but Lewiston Bridge would be OK too since they are both on a major Interstate highway. Rainbow Bridge is not on a major highway and is difficult to get to, so I wouldn't bother with it.
From what I have read in the forum, I thought that Rainbow is the most accessible. I am planning to cross thru rainbow bridge in a one way rental car will that pose any problem for me.I am wondering why Rainbow bridge is difficult to get to..Can anyone please enlighten me on this..
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sandeep0909
From what I have read in the forum, I thought that Rainbow is the most accessible. I am planning to cross thru rainbow bridge in a one way rental car will that pose any problem for me.I am wondering why Rainbow bridge is difficult to get to..Can anyone please enlighten me on this..
Because you have to get off the freeway and use city streets for quite a distance to get to it. Most of the traffic on it is tourists going to the Niagara Falls attractions and shopping.