Breach of 730 days for PR card

Old Nov 14th 2016, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breach of 730 days for PR card

I have read this thread with some interest, as a family member has similar circumstances (daughter at uni) just out of interest, do CBSA officers have the details in front of them of periods in and out of Canada when you present your passport and PR Card? Or is this information buried so deep that you are waved through.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
I have read this thread with some interest, as a family member has similar circumstances (daughter at uni) just out of interest, do CBSA officers have the details in front of them of periods in and out of Canada when you present your passport and PR Card? Or is this information buried so deep that you are waved through.
For operational reasons I cannot discuss what information CBSA may or may not have in front of them. The onus is on the person entering Canada to prove they meet the 730 day residency obligation plus they can be given a residency questionnaire to complete and then submit.
I gave you some info on your daughters situation in the other thread.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
For operational reasons I cannot discuss what information CBSA may or may not have in front of them. The onus is on the person entering Canada to prove they meet the 730 day residency obligation plus they can be given a residency questionnaire to complete and then submit.
I gave you some info on your daughters situation in the other thread.
Personal experience, plus offspring's experience (NB NOT official/CBSA information) entering Canada with expired PR card: CBSA *seemed* to be well aware of in/out dates. Our respective (different occasions) RO wasn't questioned (even if it had been, we each met the RO with a large margin).

I've always worked on the assumption that "they" know/can find out fairly fast if "they" want to. As FL says, it's up to the PR to prove it, if asked - but again, I assume "they" can doublecheck behind the scenes...
Old Nov 15th 2016, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

tinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Personal experience, plus offspring's experience (NB NOT official/CBSA information) entering Canada with expired PR card: CBSA *seemed* to be well aware of in/out dates. Our respective (different occasions) RO wasn't questioned (even if it had been, we each met the RO with a large margin).

I've always worked on the assumption that "they" know/can find out fairly fast if "they" want to. As FL says, it's up to the PR to prove it, if asked - but again, I assume "they" can doublecheck behind the scenes...
Can I ask what the thread was called that this has been discussed on just so I can read and fill my head with more information. 🤔

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 15th 2016 at 2:53 pm. Reason: fixed quote
Old Nov 15th 2016, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinabootes
Can I ask what the thread was called that this has been discussed on just so I can read and fill my head with more information. 🤔
Do you mean Yorkie's question? It's here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...ill-pr-887436/

I don't think it's relevant to your situation.

Otherwise, there are multiple threads discussing PR obligations etc.