BOWP for spouse?

Old Aug 6th 2014, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

set321go is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BOWP for spouse?

Hello,

We have made a CEC application, we have letter of acceptance. Our IEC visas run out in less than 4 months.

I am the principal applicant so from what I understand I am eligible for BOWP Extend your work permit – Economic class applicants

What does my spouse do? Its confusing this bulletin says she can apply OB485, this one OB485-A says the principal applicant only is eligible and when I tried filling in the "Are you eligible" questionnaire it indicated we should both fill in IMM5710 but needed to provide common law documents but these have already been submitted with CEC application.

thanks
Old Aug 6th 2014, 6:09 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BOWP for spouse?

Originally Posted by set321go
Hello,

We have made a CEC application, we have letter of acceptance. Our IEC visas run out in less than 4 months.

I am the principal applicant so from what I understand I am eligible for BOWP Extend your work permit – Economic class applicants

What does my spouse do? Its confusing this bulletin says she can apply OB485, this one OB485-A says the principal applicant only is eligible and when I tried filling in the "Are you eligible" questionnaire it indicated we should both fill in IMM5710 but needed to provide common law documents but these have already been submitted with CEC application.

thanks
OB485A has expired.

This is the document you want to read (which was linked in OB485A):

Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Provincial nominees or permanent resident applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants

Please note the following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:
Spouse and dependents of the principal permanent resident applicant.
For spouses of PNP applicants: the spouse is eligible for an open WP for the duration of the WP held by the principal PNP applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PN applicant’s occupation.
So she would be able to get an open work permit, not a bridging open work permit.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 6th 2014 at 6:14 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2014, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, thats interesting, when i followed a link from OB485A I ended up here Extend your work permit – Economic class applicants
Old Aug 7th 2014, 1:29 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, thats interesting, when i followed a link from OB485A I ended up here Extend your work permit – Economic class applicants
If you had followed the link 'Program Delivery Instructions' it would take you to the page with links to TFW's: Temporary Foreign Workers which in turn led to: Temporary Foreign Workers: Provincial nominees or Permanent Resident applicants which took you to: Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Provincial nominees or permanent resident applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants

OB485A
This document has expired. Please refer to the appropriate Program Delivery Instructions for current information.

Old Aug 8th 2014, 4:16 am
Just Joined

miffy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: BOWP for spouse?

I have also applied for CEC. My boyfriend is the PA and we received our Open Work Permits/Bridging Open Work Permits. We applied for them at the same time and included a letter that explained why were applying, that we had AOR from CIC, that I was applying based on my boyfriend and quoting the bulletin. Took about 3-4 weeks from inside Canada.

Good luck!
Old Aug 9th 2014, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

One more question about my spouse. This is the first application we have done together so we both have a UCI. We applied for PR/CEC under my UCI should this be the one we put on her WP application, or does she still have a separate UCI?
Old Aug 9th 2014, 8:38 am
Just Joined

miffy85 is an unknown quantity at this point

One more question about my spouse. This is the first application we have done together so we both have a UCI. We applied for PR/CEC under my UCI should this be the one we put on her WP application, or does she still have a separate UCI?

We used our individual UCIs.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks folks

approved today. Submitted online took 9 days to be approved! Gotta wait for it to come in the mail now.