Border Question

Old Jan 15th 2002, 5:21 am
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 244
yr0000 is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of paperwork does an H1 visa holder require at the Immigration border once he has received his PR and is moving permanently to Canada ?
yr0000 is offline  
Old Jan 15th 2002, 6:23 am
Andrew Miller
Posts: n/a

If you are landing just to complete the process without moving at that time with all
your stuff to Canada you may have some explaining to do. Lately such immigrants are
often asked to provide proof of their intention to quit their job in US within rather
short time from landing. Usually a copy of resignation notice accepted by employer
will suffice. If you have a GC application pending (or something similar) indicating
your intentions to reside in the US you may be refused landing until you cancel such
application - again, there is a lot of such problems occurring in last 12+ months
with non-Americans landing from the US without clear indication that they are moving
permanently to Canada. One of the obligations of examining officer during landing
process is to determine if immigrant has an intention and is ready to move to Canada
permanently upon landing, so it will be up to you to demonstrate and prove it.



Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.