Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Booking a one way/return ticket to Canada...

Booking a one way/return ticket to Canada...

Old Sep 5th 2011, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

SelinaOsib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Booking a one way/return ticket to Canada...

Hi Everyone,

I am armed and ready with my spousal visa and will be permanently moving to Canada in January!

My excitement has led me to start looking at tickets now although having looked at some flights it seems that all one way tickets are more expensive than a return ticket.

Does anyone know if it goes against protocol to book a return ticket and then just not get on the return flight? Just wanted to know if anyone has booked a return instead of one way and/or faced any consequences because of it???

Obviously I don't want to jepardise my chances of entering into the country so any thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 5th 2011, 10:56 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking a one way/return ticket to Canada...

Originally Posted by SelinaOsib
Hi Everyone,

I am armed and ready with my spousal visa and will be permanently moving to Canada in January!

My excitement has led me to start looking at tickets now although having looked at some flights it seems that all one way tickets are more expensive than a return ticket.

Does anyone know if it goes against protocol to book a return ticket and then just not get on the return flight? Just wanted to know if anyone has booked a return instead of one way and/or faced any consequences because of it???

Obviously I don't want to jepardise my chances of entering into the country so any thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance!
You'll be fine. Relax.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 4:29 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SelinaOsib
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance!
No shows on flights happen all the time, this is why many flights are overbooked.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Teceumseh is an unknown quantity at this point

Check these sites out:

http://www.airtransat.co.uk/en/index.aspx

http://www.canadianaffair.com/
Old Sep 6th 2011, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for advising everyone!

I was just concerned that there may be tough questions re why I had a return ticket....
Old Sep 6th 2011, 1:27 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Or get the ticket a long time in the future, maybe you can use it. Canadian affair charge £10 more for a return than a single.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by __TJ__
Or get the ticket a long time in the future, maybe you can use it. Canadian affair charge £10 more for a return than a single.

Thank you for the advice!!!
Old Sep 7th 2011, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Canadian_Fig is an unknown quantity at this point

If you use air canada you can book a return flight for months in the future and call them once arrived and they let you keep the credit for the flight for up to a year (so you can use it but not transfer to someone else)...my parents did that only a week ago.