Which boarder crossing to take

Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Ameorko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which boarder crossing to take

We live north of Ottawa. Is it better to go to Buffalo or Ogdensburg to get a new work permit? We should have the new LMO in, in the next week or so and need to do a U turn to obtain my husbands new work permit and I'll get an SOWP at the same time.
Does it really matter which one you go to or is one preferred over the other. My husband is an over cautious kinda a guy for these kinda things and wants to be on the safe side.

Well apart from moving to another country and starting again! Lol
Old Mar 21st 2011, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which boarder crossing to take

Buffalo is a really bad idea, in my opinion. It is a very long drive from where you are living, and there is no reason to go there.

I think you can go to any of the border crossings which have a full time Canadian immigration processing function. Thousand islands (about 1.5 hours from Ottawa) should be good. I suspect Cornwall is also good.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 4:51 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by bewillow
Buffalo is a really bad idea, in my opinion. It is a very long drive from where you are living, and there is no reason to go there.

I think you can go to any of the border crossings which have a full time Canadian immigration processing function. Thousand islands (about 1.5 hours from Ottawa) should be good. I suspect Cornwall is also good.
I would bypass Cornwall if at all possible.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

I would bypass Cornwall if at all possible.
I second that. Tried to extend my work permit there back in November (had all the correct paperwork) and they told me that as my work permit was still valid, I must apply to Vegreville. Fair enough.

Plus they are undergoing renovations (or were in November), so I think they want to get people through as quick as possible - the temporary facilities aren't condusive to long queues.

Buffallo seems a bit far to go, how about Hill Island?