Wikiposts

Blood Pressure & ECG

Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:20 am
Just Joined

lalu19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blood Pressure & ECG

Goodday to all

I have passsed my interview. Officer told me that medical papers will be sent to me by next week.

Regarding medicals I am a bit apprehensive as I am suffering from hypertension & my ECG is also not normal. BP reading is 150/100.
Will it be a problem. Should I mention it on the questionaire & tell the doctor or let him find out.

AOR. Nov 2004

Thanks
Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Blood Pressure & ECG

Originally Posted by lalu19
Goodday to all

I have passsed my interview. Officer told me that medical papers will be sent to me by next week.

Regarding medicals I am a bit apprehensive as I am suffering from hypertension & my ECG is also not normal. BP reading is 150/100.
Will it be a problem. Should I mention it on the questionaire & tell the doctor or let him find out.

AOR. Nov 2004

Thanks
That was a long time ago Nov 04 I thought we were bad with a Dec 04 AOR. I don't know if thehypertension will be a problem but well done for passing your interview. One one obstacle cleared. /try and keep calm I am sure everything will work out fine.

Well done again
julie
Old Sep 16th 2007, 2:34 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Goodday to all

AOR. Nov 2004

Thanks
In 2004, when I had my med for my work permit, my blood pressure was also 150/100 and i was given my permit without any trouble, I also have a dodgy ECG readout caused by a small leak in a heart valve (birth defect) which also didn't cause any problems.
Incidentaly, when we took our PR meds earlier this year my blood pressure was almost normal - guess Canadian living is a lot less stressful!
Old Sep 16th 2007, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Goodday to all

AOR. Nov 2004

Thanks
Not sure if this will help, but it reasure you. I did read a post on here a while a go where the husbands BP was 180/104 This was then taken a further 3 more times throughout the day. The lowest reading obtained was 172/93

Whilst both the dystolic & systolic readings are still high, the point was it can be controlled & was passed of as being ok with recomendations attached.

Passed though so whilst yours is 150/100 its a tadge on the high side but could easily be reduced.

Hope this helps

G
Old Sep 16th 2007, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Goodday to all

AOR. Nov 2004

Thanks
Sorry I almost forgot. Best to tell him I would have thought, honesty surely has to be the best policy!

Imagine he finds out, he then finds out that you knew all the time, & never volunteered the information!!

It surely has to better to be honest with him & gain his respect, than to gain his doubt as to your honesty as well as your B/P?

G