Wikiposts

Blank boxes in app

Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

MegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blank boxes in app

We've sent our application to the CIO but looking back my husband has not filled in marital status for his parents in the additional family declaration. They are both deceased and in the address part he has marked them as deceased but didn't think to put N/A in the marital status part. I could cry I really could.
Should we pre-empt them sending it back and send a new application now in the hope it gets there before the occupations change? He is going for industrial electrician (or even vocational instructor) so we're not sure if that will be taken off. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 12:20 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blank boxes in app

Originally Posted by MegSnow
We've sent our application to the CIO but looking back my husband has not filled in marital status for his parents in the additional family declaration. They are both deceased and in the address part he has marked them as deceased but didn't think to put N/A in the marital status part. I could cry I really could.
Should we pre-empt them sending it back and send a new application now in the hope it gets there before the occupations change? He is going for industrial electrician (or even vocational instructor) so we're not sure if that will be taken off. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
You would hope that CIC would not be that pedantic. You could send in a new application but that would mean paying the fees again.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point

thats a difficult one.

they nailed me for leaving the question "any other countries with residence status." I left it blank and they returned it after 2 months.

The problem you face is the possibility that it could be taken off the list, if I was in your position I would submit another form with credit card as the payment. That way if it gets returned you've got form #2 still in the queue. If it doesn't get rejected you can always request a refund.

I hope that made sense? I'm just re-reading it twice!

Last edited by Bibendum; Apr 10th 2010 at 3:36 am.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 4:46 am
Just Joined

fraggley is an unknown quantity at this point

When I sent of our passports and bankers draft for the RPRF I sent them to the wrong department and forgot to put our reference on the back of the bankers draft. There was something else I had done wrong as well but I forget what it was now. I didn't realise for about a week, I actually woke up in the middle of the night Funny how this process messes with your mind.

It was really bothering me and my other half, so in the end I emailed CIC and asked for their advice. They got back to me the next day and said that they had checked my file and that everything was ok and had been sorted/sent to the right place. Might be worth doing the same rather than either paying out again or waiting and worrying as they may be able to put your mind at rest. At least you will know one way or the other what to do for the best.

Good Luck.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MegSnow
My parents are deceased and initially i left them off due to that N/A or so i thought. I was advised by Health Match BC (application overseer) however that:-

"the information on your Mother and Father need to be filled out "N/A" is not accepted. if you had no parents, adoptive parents, or don't know the information then you need to go to a notary and have it notorized that you do not know the information."

I clarified this further and was advised to enter my parents details and to identify them as "Deceased" under the marital status column. I decided to play it super safe though and also listed their address as the cemetery where they now rest, postcode included!

Another correction i was asked to make was any dates/addresses/affiliations still active then to enter "Present" in the 'date to' column, rather than leave blank.

After these corrections i had no further issues, though i was careful to mark anything that did not apply with N/A
Old Apr 18th 2010, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

shazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant future
Post Re: Blank boxes in app

Hello everyone above,

I have my PR in Canada now, but i was reading the above statements,
Marital status for parents: deceased or widow/widowed
Address: if deceased write (formerly of) the the last address before they died

I did this on my PR application and it have never been questioned and was processed with no problems.

For those who are estranged from their family, give as much information as you can anything you don't know you can write "unknown"

I hope this will help answer some questions above and to to follow!

Shazza151
Old Jul 7th 2010, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

hnagy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shazza151
Hello everyone above,

I have my PR in Canada now, but i was reading the above statements,
Marital status for parents: deceased or widow/widowed
Address: if deceased write (formerly of) the the last address before they died

I did this on my PR application and it have never been questioned and was processed with no problems.

For those who are estranged from their family, give as much information as you can anything you don't know you can write "unknown"

I hope this will help answer some questions above and to to follow!

Shazza151
so, can i write it like that:
"(formerly of) 6 Mafaza St., Roxy Sq., Heliopolis, Cairo Egypt"
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

shazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant future

Hello

Yes you can write (formerly of) then the address

Shazza
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot Shazza,
can u pls. help in another issue, it's a little bit casuing me a hassle.

Look, I'm the father, my name is: Hatem Nagy Morkos Megaly
I have 2 daughters, 10 and 5 years, their Birth cert. and passports says that their names are:
1- Natalie Hatem Nagy Morkos Megaly
2- Joelle Hatem Nagy Morkos
My family name is the same be as Natalie, which is "Megaly"
For Joelle, her family name will be "Morkos" !!!!
Do you think that that will make a problem, or should I go and add "Megaly" to Joelle and issue her a new Birth cert. and a new passport?

Thanks again
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:33 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnagy
Thanks a lot Shazza,
can u pls. help in another issue, it's a little bit casuing me a hassle.

Look, I'm the father, my name is: Hatem Nagy Morkos Megaly
I have 2 daughters, 10 and 5 years, their Birth cert. and passports says that their names are:
1- Natalie Hatem Nagy Morkos Megaly
2- Joelle Hatem Nagy Morkos
My family name is the same be as Natalie, which is "Megaly"
For Joelle, her family name will be "Morkos" !!!!
Do you think that that will make a problem, or should I go and add "Megaly" to Joelle and issue her a new Birth cert. and a new passport?

Thanks again
I thought this problem was sorted on another thread?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

I sent an email to more than 5 Quebec offices, only one did tried to help,
she said that I can write our full names under "First Name" field, and wirite "N/A" in the "Family Name".
to be honest, I am still have a lot of fears to do so, although I did confirmed it with her for the second time.
my question is, can sisiters (kids) have different family name?
Really I'm very sorry for asking again.
BR,
Hatem
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnagy
I sent an email to more than 5 Quebec offices, only one did tried to help,
she said that I can write our full names under "First Name" field, and wirite "N/A" in the "Family Name".
to be honest, I am still have a lot of fears to do so, although I did confirmed it with her for the second time.
my question is, can sisiters (kids) have different family name?
Really I'm very sorry for asking again.
BR,
Hatem
As AmyDavid said, this question has already been answered in your other thread.

If you still have doubts, then you'll need to pay for professional advice, rather than just asking an internet forum.