Birth Certificate

Old Jan 18th 2002, 8:48 am
Princy

Hi, I have just started my Canadian immigration under Independent category; I have
sent everything 2 weeks back. I did not had my or my wife's Birth Certificate, so, on
suggestion of one of my friends who had gone through similar problem I included a
letter stating that and asked them to verify our Birth Date from our Passport or
Marriage certificate, Is this OK and if not what shall I do.

Thanks, Abhay

Old Jan 18th 2002, 9:53 am
Shashi Shekhar

If you did not have birth certificate - you can have affidavits to support DOB
from India

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 18th 2002, 2:43 pm
Tariq Jamil

"Shashi Shekhar" <[email protected]>
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi, I have just started my Canadian immigration under Independent category; I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have sent everything 2 weeks back. I did not had my or my wife's Birth[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Certificate, so, on suggestion of one of my friends who had gone through similar[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > problem I included a letter stating that and asked them to verify our Birth Date[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > from our Passport or Marriage certificate, Is this OK and if not what shall I do.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks, Abhay[/usenetquote2]

I had the same problem and I enclosed an affidavit letter on behalf of my father
stated Iam his son and up to best of his knowledge my date of birth is so and so.
This letter was typed on a stamp paper and verified by the oath commissioner. This
was accepted and My case is approved. You may do the same.

Old Jan 18th 2002, 4:08 pm
R.K. Kaul

A school certificate showing date of birth is good enough, as was in case of my
family members.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >