Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Biometrics appointment as a single family unit?

Biometrics appointment as a single family unit?

Old Oct 16th 2020, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Question Biometrics appointment as a single family unit?

Hi all, it's been a while.

Currently re-applying for PR with my common-law spouse via inland OINP route (paper based). We are at the stage where we both have received Biometrics Instruction letters. I am the principal applicant, we both have the same EP************ application number, our biometrics were paid together.

Yesterday I got a call from Service Canada to book my Biometrics appointment. They never asked for my application number to verify my identity, they only asked for my postal code (?!). When I asked if this appointment was for my spouse as well I was told no, she only had my name on the list. I had her check her list by giving her my spouse's last name but nope - nothing.

So now I am very confused. My spouse definitely is not exempt as she has never given her biometrics in the past. The only phone number on our application is mine, we are both on the same application number. Was the ServiceCanada lady mistaken and should we both take our instruction letters and passports and go to the appointment together?

Thanks for clearing this up for us!

Last edited by kleinluka; Oct 16th 2020 at 1:55 pm.