Wikiposts

The Big If ? - Andrew

Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:11 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Question The Big If ? - Andrew

If I went over on a Work Permit with LMO and started working in Canada. I do the following :

Send off to CIC London-

- copy of valid work permit
- evidence of working in Canada with employer listed in WP - recent paystubs, etc.
- letter from employer confirming that you currently work there and that their intention is to convert your current temporary employment to a permanent one after you become a PR
- my cover letter asking for adding all of the above to your file and expediting the process.

If they didn't add any points for me for the above, my application may well be 2 points short and therefore unsuccessful.

My question is would I be barred from subsequently going through the PNP route to get a Visa while I worked in Canada ?

Paul
Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:18 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Big If ? - Andrew

You will get points for arranged employment if all required evidence reaches visa post before your case is assessed. So, get on it asap.

I won't even answer question about subsequent whatever as your pessimism is not warranted, unless you messed up your application package.

Originally Posted by Tangram
If I went over on a Work Permit with LMO and started working in Canada. I do the following :

Send off to CIC London-

- copy of valid work permit
- evidence of working in Canada with employer listed in WP - recent paystubs, etc.
- letter from employer confirming that you currently work there and that their intention is to convert your current temporary employment to a permanent one after you become a PR
- my cover letter asking for adding all of the above to your file and expediting the process.

If they didn't add any points for me for the above, my application may well be 2 points short and therefore unsuccessful.

My question is would I be barred from subsequently going through the PNP route to get a Visa while I worked in Canada ?

Paul
Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:24 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You will get points for arranged employment if all required evidence reaches visa post before your case is assessed. So, get on it asap.

I won't even answer question about subsequent whatever as your pessimism is not warranted, unless you messed up your application package.
Many thanks Andrew. Obviously neither you nor I know how well my application was filled in. Just wanted to cover eventualities.

First step - nail next Friday's interview.

Much obliged.

Paul
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:24 am
Love it

chinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tangram
Many thanks Andrew. Obviously neither you nor I know how well my application was filled in. Just wanted to cover eventualities.

First step - nail next Friday's interview.

Much obliged.

Paul
What line of work are you in?
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:25 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by chinnybloke
What line of work are you in?
I.T. surprise surprise