Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Better to get pnp docs. sorted before leaving for canada?

Better to get pnp docs. sorted before leaving for canada?

Old Oct 2nd 2014, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Better to get pnp docs. sorted before leaving for canada?

Hi sorry if this has been asked so many times.

My question is. Is it better to get all the relevant documents together one would need for when it's time to apply for pnp/PR whilst still in the UK? Or do most wait till nearer the time and do it then? ( when in Canada).

Also could someone please give me the best site that lists exactly what documents are needed and how it's done.

I've only found this but not sure if it's the best one?

Application forms | Alberta Canada - Alberta, Canada

Any help much appreciated! Thank you! :-)
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Better to get pnp docs. sorted before leaving for canada?

I got ours all ready and in an envelope before leaving UK. Things like Uni transcripts etc are far easier to get when you are in the UK.

The police certs were the only thing I had to apply for from here and that was really easy anyway.

HTH
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
I got ours all ready and in an envelope before leaving UK. Things like Uni transcripts etc are far easier to get when you are in the UK.

The police certs were the only thing I had to apply for from here and that was really easy anyway.

HTH

Thanks Geordielass, if you can send any helpful links you used, would be much appreciated :-)
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Or could someone confirm this is what I am needing, truck driver ainp?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5690E.pdf
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 9:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate8kate0
Or could someone confirm this is what I am needing, truck driver ainp?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5690E.pdf
Yes, that's the correct checklist for the Federal part, and then you've for the right link above for the provincial bit.

Definitely worth getting some docs ready, but as it'll be a while before you can apply for PR don't get anything that will need to be redone for your application.

Good luck.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, that's the correct checklist for the Federal part, and then you've for the right link above for the provincial bit.

Definitely worth getting some docs ready, but as it'll be a while before you can apply for PR don't get anything that will need to be redone for your application.

Good luck.

Thank you