Best way for parents to move

Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

lazylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best way for parents to move

Hi

My sister and her family moved to Canada in October 07, our parents have just visited them and really liked it over there that they are thinking of moving across. My question is what is the best route for my parents to take to make a permanent move across. they are both in their early 50's and are still both working full-time.

many thanks for any information you can give

Louisa
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:10 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best way for parents to move

Sponsorship by your sister may be the only viable way for them to immigrate unless they somehow qualify for a PNP placing. Your sister would have to show sufficient income and the process has been quite slow overall. But, it does work.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:34 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

To find out more information about the quicker ways that your parents may be able to use to get into Canada, depending on what their occupations are, I recommend that you read the following Wiki articles:
If they do have to fall back on the sponsorship route, here is Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website about family sponsorship.

But, from what I've seen on this forum, it's better if people do research and make enquiries on their own behalf. From what I've seen, it hasn't worked as well when third parties have done research and made enquiries on behalf of the people who have wanted to migrate.

Hope that helps.
x
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

Judy

Great information... we are in the wait for medical queue now(2ys 6mths) and have two parents to sponsor once, we move.

Thanks for this info

Bob
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

lazylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks for all the information I will pass it all on and wait to see what happens

Louisa