Best visa/sponsorship route

Old Sep 27th 2021, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Christinp1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best visa/sponsorship route

Hello,

I’m a Canadian citizen with British citizenship, we are thinking about relocating back to Canada. My husband is British and our two children have dual citizenship. His company have a Canadian base and are willing to transfer him to Canada. I was wondering what our best options are for visa? Is an Outland spousal sponsorship application our best route? It takes so long and was wondering if he could apply for any other options since he has the job offer.

Thanks for your help everyone!
Old Sep 28th 2021, 11:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best visa/sponsorship route

Originally Posted by Christinp1
Hello,

I’m a Canadian citizen with British citizenship, we are thinking about relocating back to Canada. My husband is British and our two children have dual citizenship. His company have a Canadian base and are willing to transfer him to Canada. I was wondering what our best options are for visa? Is an Outland spousal sponsorship application our best route? It takes so long and was wondering if he could apply for any other options since he has the job offer.

Thanks for your help everyone!
Hi, welcome to BE.

There are other options, but it will depend on his job. If he qualifies, then an intra-company transfer TWP would be the quickest and easiest route over there (alongside you sponsoring him for PR). More info on that visa route here - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Intra...ransfer-Canada

If that's not an option, then let us know what he does and we can try and work out if there is any other option.

And just checking, but do your children have their Canadian passports already? If not, get cracking with that too as it's taking a while at the moment!

Good luck.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your reply.

He is going to speak to work in the next few days to see if this is an option. If we planning on moving next year, should I wait to apply for spousal sponsorship once we are in Canada? The intra-company transfer looks like the most simplest option so I’m hoping we can go that way.

As for the kids passports, no, we don’t have them yet, and I’ve only just realised how long this is going to take 😩 i was just about to apply for their certificates where I saw online that I should apply for them both together? Is that the best option? Also, we’ve got flights booked in December to visit for Christmas, does that classify as reason for urgent processing?

Thank you!
Old Sep 28th 2021, 9:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Christinp1
Thank you so much for your reply.

He is going to speak to work in the next few days to see if this is an option. If we planning on moving next year, should I wait to apply for spousal sponsorship once we are in Canada? The intra-company transfer looks like the most simplest option so I’m hoping we can go that way.

As for the kids passports, no, we don’t have them yet, and I’ve only just realised how long this is going to take 😩 i was just about to apply for their certificates where I saw online that I should apply for them both together? Is that the best option? Also, we’ve got flights booked in December to visit for Christmas, does that classify as reason for urgent processing?

Thank you!
If you're planning on moving next year, then I'd apply asap from the UK. Applying 'inland' (from Canada) is really for those in Canada on another status i.e. study permit or work permit so that's fine if he is there on an intra-company work permit, but if that's not the case then trying to convince a border officer that he's a genuine visitor and that he doesn't intend to stay could be tricky, as that's exactly what h would be intending to do! So best to apply now and then enter under 'dual intent' IMO (more details in the Wiki on this).

You would potentially qualify for urgent processing, as you have proof of travel within 6 months of the application (see this page - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...it-canada.html).

HTH.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for this. I think I can apply for urgent processing but it says I need to apply for passport and citizenship at the same time. How do I do this if I don’t have a certificate? Do I just include it in the same package?

Many thanks