Best Route to PR???

Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

snowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant future
Default Best Route to PR???

Dear Forum,

I hope you are well! It's been a while since I've been on here! Loving Vancouver and Canada so far...so...

I am interested in becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada. I am from the UK and am currently in Vancouver on a 1 year Working Holiday Visa. I arrived in Canada on 27th January 2009.

I am 31 years old and have been to University for 3 years in the UK, where I studied Environmental Management and gained a Higher National Diploma. I have 10 years of work experience in the UK, 5 years of which was working for Local Government.

I am living with my girlfriend, who is a Canadian Citizen from Montreal. We have been together for 2 and a half years.

I am currently working temporarily as a Gardener over the summer in Vancouver, and have been offered a Sponsorship Visa to work next winter (2009 - 2010) as a Snowboard Instructor.

As I understand it, Snowboard Instructors are eligible for LMO's / PNP's - is this correct?

What are my options for becoming a Permanent Resident?

If you could get back to me and let me know that would be very much appreciated!

Thanking you!

Richard.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all
Default Re: Best Route to PR???

You have multiple options. Depending on what suits you best. You may want to visit CIC website for more informaton:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

In particular the Canadian Experience Class might be good, but you need 1 year Canadian experience:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

Also, look at the various Provincial Nomination Programs, especially the one for British Columbia.

Ray
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowman365
Dear Forum,

I hope you are well! It's been a while since I've been on here! Loving Vancouver and Canada so far...so...

I am interested in becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada. I am from the UK and am currently in Vancouver on a 1 year Working Holiday Visa. I arrived in Canada on 27th January 2009.

I am 31 years old and have been to University for 3 years in the UK, where I studied Environmental Management and gained a Higher National Diploma. I have 10 years of work experience in the UK, 5 years of which was working for Local Government.

I am living with my girlfriend, who is a Canadian Citizen from Montreal. We have been together for 2 and a half years.

I am currently working temporarily as a Gardener over the summer in Vancouver, and have been offered a Sponsorship Visa to work next winter (2009 - 2010) as a Snowboard Instructor.

As I understand it, Snowboard Instructors are eligible for LMO's / PNP's - is this correct?

If you could get back to me and let me know that would be very much appreciated!

Thanking you!

Richard.
From my understanding, you won't be eligible for Canadian Experience Class - I'm pretty sure you have to have worked there for 2 years rather than 1 as Raymasa stated. Plus the job has to be on Skill Level A, O or B and I'm not sure that a gardener would come under that I'm afraid (although that is only a guess).

But, once you've lived with your girlfriend for a minimum of a year (and gathered enough proof of that i.e. joint bank account, joint bills, rental agreement in both names etc), then she can sponsor you as her common-law partner.

Or the PNP programme as Raymasa suggested, I don't know much about that but it's worth looking in to and seeing if you can get PR that way.

Good luck.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:46 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowman365
Dear Forum,

Thanking you!

Richard.
Hi Richard, I'm so glad your settled and loving Vancouver.

Good luck with your PR sweetheart...xxx

hugs, Irene..
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
From my understanding, you won't be eligible for Canadian Experience Class - I'm pretty sure you have to have worked there for 2 years rather than 1 as Raymasa stated. Plus the job has to be on Skill Level A, O or B and I'm not sure that a gardener would come under that I'm afraid (although that is only a guess).

But, once you've lived with your girlfriend for a minimum of a year (and gathered enough proof of that i.e. joint bank account, joint bills, rental agreement in both names etc), then she can sponsor you as her common-law partner.

Or the PNP programme as Raymasa suggested, I don't know much about that but it's worth looking in to and seeing if you can get PR that way.

Good luck.

Opps...sorry....my bad. Thanks for the correction christmasoompa...

Ray