Wikiposts

BEST PLACE TO LIVE IN CANADA?

Old Nov 24th 2002, 8:46 pm
Anwer Khan

Default Re: BEST PLACE TO LIVE IN CANADA?

I have'nt seen any comments about Calgary. Anyone who can compare
Toronto and Calgary ?

Regards

Anwer

Old Nov 25th 2002, 2:18 am
Just Joined

kmrainford is an unknown quantity at this point

What about Winnipeg? What is Winnipeg like for living?
Apart from the it being very cold at times, is it a good place to live, I have thought many times about immigrating there

M
Old Nov 25th 2002, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

zico is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as Calgary, Winnipeg, and Edmonton are concerned, I would say it takes some guts to make any move there. For a new immigrant, it would be definitely harsh to move into one of those cities since they are not as hospitable as other big cities in Canada would be. However, I believe there is a good future for Calgary as the next big metropolis in Canada. Apparently, the cost of living plus the job outlook there are not bad. However, anyone moving there has to embrace for long and very harsh winters. Nature there is extremely beautiful, though, since it's at the foothills of the Canadian Rockies.
Edmonton is like an oil city. If you are not offered a very good-paying job up there, simply don't go.
I dunno much about Winnipeg except that it's very cold and dull and there is not much to do out there.

Really, for the new immigrant there would be 3 to 4 choices at the most:
1. Toronto
2. Montreal
3. Vancouver
4. Halifax (Nova Scotia) if you like the Atlantic ocean