Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Best and fastest way to do this..??!

Wikiposts

Best and fastest way to do this..??!

Old Sep 16th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best and fastest way to do this..??!

Originally Posted by Raymate
We got married in Canada (last year, wife Canadian i'm British) now back in the UK, my wife back in Toronto, waiting for the sponsorship to be completed. Been waiting two months so far.
congrats on your marraige last year!!....

sounds like it wont be much longer for you and you will be back in Canada within no time.....

all the best!!!
Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't wait to see how long it takes for you.. keep us posted...
Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Raymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud of

Thank you all, yes shall keep you posted.

R
Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just reading some of your previous posts as you are in a similar situation to me..

I realise we have to wait 3 months before applying for the marriage certificate if we marry in Ontario..

This was something I have been wondering at the moment as we have yet to get married..

So does this mean we can only start the sponsorship when we have this certificate or can we show some other proof of marriage to get things started..

Did you have to wait too Mapleleaf.. ?
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Raymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ptomlin01
I was just reading some of your previous posts as you are in a similar situation to me..

I realise we have to wait 3 months before applying for the marriage certificate if we marry in Ontario..

This was something I have been wondering at the moment as we have yet to get married..

So does this mean we can only start the sponsorship when we have this certificate or can we show some other proof of marriage to get things started..

We waited until we got it, not sure if that was right but no one could tell us, we didnt have the money to use a immigration person we have done it on our own and just followed the sometime confusing Canadian website.

We got married last October. Once we got the marriage certificate (I was back in the UK at this point) I then got the medical done done (Mid Jan) in London (that was another month of messing around as they was not sure about something with my medical and I needed another scan doing, which I had to arrange. In the end a private clinic in Bedford did this as this was the fastest way, cost me a small fortune, the medical and having extra scans cost just over £600)

Sent for Police Record in Jan also, this never got to me until mid May, the Police lost my application!!!

Then we needed to find the money for the applications (we are doing sponsorship and permanent resident and if you pay both fees straight away it can speed up processing this is around $2000 Canadian. By the time we had this cash ready it was July. All paper work was then sent of with fees.

My wife got the letter saying she has been approved as a sponsor (she got this three weeks ago) and it says all the info is being sent to London (UK) for further processing (guess this is the bit when they check my info out)

So as it turns out, we will spend our first anniversary apart

Not much else to say, apart from the whole process is such a pain in the butt.

My wife got an ancestral visa a couple of years back as she was moving to the UK, but with work she went back so I will go to Canada, but that was done in around a month she paid $75, couple of forms, proof she could apply for that visa and now she can come and go as she pleases for four year, she even got a national insurance number within a month. And at the airport they just wave her in. So simple. but to get into Canada, it could not be so different.

So we wait some more.

Last edited by Raymate; Sep 16th 2007 at 8:10 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:24 pm
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew Miller posts on these forums a lot, he's a consultant. He offers a service whereby you book a half hour phone call and he'll advise you the best he can. It isn't what I'd call cheap, and in the end I didn't need to use him but I think it is a useful service and saves you coughing up thousands of pounds to get a consultant to do the lot. He seems very experienced, look up some of his posts to see what you think and to get contact details.

Cheers
Chris
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ptomlin01

hi there! ..check your PM box..as i have answered yours there..

we were able to pay a bit extra here in BC and had it within about a week ..i think.? if memory serves me right.

i pm'd you some links for Ontario info.

Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Raymate
We waited until we got it, not sure if that was right but no one could tell us, we didnt have the money to use a immigration person we have done it on our own and just followed the sometime confusing Canadian website.

We got married last October. Once we got the marriage certificate (I was back in the UK at this point) I then got the medical done done (Mid Jan) in London (that was another month of messing around as they was not sure about something with my medical and I needed another scan doing, which I had to arrange. In the end a private clinic in Bedford did this as this was the fastest way, cost me a small fortune, the medical and having extra scans cost just over £600)

Sent for Police Record in Jan also, this never got to me until mid May, the Police lost my application!!!

Then we needed to find the money for the applications (we are doing sponsorship and permanent resident and if you pay both fees straight away it can speed up processing this is around $2000 Canadian. By the time we had this cash ready it was July. All paper work was then sent of with fees.

My wife got the letter saying she has been approved as a sponsor (she got this three weeks ago) and it says all the info is being sent to London (UK) for further processing (guess this is the bit when they check my info out)

So as it turns out, we will spend our first anniversary apart

Not much else to say, apart from the whole process is such a pain in the butt.

My wife got an ancestral visa a couple of years back as she was moving to the UK, but with work she went back so I will go to Canada, but that was done in around a month she paid $75, couple of forms, proof she could apply for that visa and now she can come and go as she pleases for four year, she even got a national insurance number within a month. And at the airport they just wave her in. So simple. but to get into Canada, it could not be so different.

So we wait some more.
wow you've had a bit of a rough go of it..i hope the rest all goes smoothly for you and you and your wife will be together soon!