Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Best chance of moving to Canada despite EE freeze?

Best chance of moving to Canada despite EE freeze?

Old Mar 22nd 2022, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

dquinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best chance of moving to Canada despite EE freeze?

Originally Posted by jordanleanne
Hi!

I hope you don't mind me jumping in! We have been waiting on our EE PR application now for over a year with no sign of update. Is IEC a possibility for us? Would it impede our ongoing application at all? My husband is 30 next year, so if this could be an option, I think we'd have to put it in now. As you can't take 'dependents', would it be acceptable for us to each apply individually?
Yes you should definitely put your names in the pool for the IEC. Only thing is you would have to get a stroke of luck for both of you to get drawn at the same time, so patience would be required. From there you can get 1 years continuous work experience inside Canada and then you would be eligible for the Canada Experience Class which gives you more of a chance for the EE process. Also you can still be invited for the IEC when you are 30 years of age, so as long as he is under 31.

Last edited by dquinn; Mar 22nd 2022 at 2:09 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dquinn
Yes you should definitely put your names in the pool for the IEC. Only thing is you would have to get a stroke of luck for both of you to get drawn at the same time, so patience would be required. From there you can get 1 years continuous work experience inside Canada and then you would be eligible for the Canada Experience Class which gives you more of a chance for the EE process. Also you can still be invited for the IEC when you are 30 years of age, so as long as he is under 31.
Hi, thanks for your reply.

So we have an application for EE/PR pending, we applied February '21, with all of the documents and our biometric appointment, and have heard nothing since. If we were to apply/qualify and go ahead with IEC, it wouldn't for us to be to improve our CRS score, just to be able to get out to Canada sooner and start to find our feet with the hope that in that time our EE completes. We are considering the extra costs of putting in the additional applications vs. if and how much time it might save from waiting on EE.
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 2:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jordanleanne
Hi, thanks for your reply.

So we have an application for EE/PR pending, we applied February '21, with all of the documents and our biometric appointment, and have heard nothing since. If we were to apply/qualify and go ahead with IEC, it wouldn't for us to be to improve our CRS score, just to be able to get out to Canada sooner and start to find our feet with the hope that in that time our EE completes. We are considering the extra costs of putting in the additional applications vs. if and how much time it might save from waiting on EE.
You don't both need an invite, only one of you does - the other would get an open work permit for the same duration once the IEC holder has found a skilled job. There's pretty much no chance of you both getting an invite before the quota is met (I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen this week or next), even just getting one invite is unlikely but absolutely worth a try. There's no cost to just enter the pool, so you may as well do that now (both of you, to double your chances) and see what happens.

Good luck.
Old Mar 24th 2022, 9:18 am
Just Joined

braingaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Best chance of moving to Canada despite EE freeze?

Originally Posted by Limobimo
Hi All,

I'm hoping to move to Canada within the year but that doesn't look like it'll be happening due to the Express Entry freeze so I'm hoping to get some advice on how to improve my chances. Currently, my CRS score is 481 and I would be emigrating on my own but I'll be turning 30 next year so I'll lose some points which I'm apprehensive about (talk about anxiety about ageing!).

I've looked into the BC PNP but that seems impossible unless I have a job offer, which I can't get without PR! I've been in touch with an employer who confirmed that they wouldn't hire me unless I have residence eligibility but also that there a lot of vacancies and job postings. I'm also really surprised to learn that there doesn't seem to be any international recruitment agencies in Canada, particularly in my field because there are loads in the UK.

Are there any (rough?) ideas as to when they will start accepting EE again? I keep seeing that the minimum scores are likely to go up as well which is making me nervous.
Hi all. I immigrated to Canada six months ago. I had a similar situation. At that time I was 29 years old. My CRS score was 458. I didn't have a job offer either. In the same way no one could invite me from Canada. I applied for the help of an immigration consultant. Now I am living and working in Canada. I managed to find a job. My average income is $2,000. In my free time I go snowboarding. I really like the weather here. I hope I helped you.
Old Mar 24th 2022, 9:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by braingaz
Hi all. I immigrated to Canada six months ago. I had a similar situation. At that time I was 29 years old. My CRS score was 458. I didn't have a job offer either. In the same way no one could invite me from Canada. I applied for the help of an immigration consultant. Now I am living and working in Canada. I managed to find a job. My average income is $2,000. In my free time I go snowboarding. I really like the weather here. I hope I helped you.
Hi, welcome to BE. Just to say, there's no need for most to use an immigration consultant. Yours didn't magically make you eligible, so you could have done it on your own. How did you apply?

Your salary is very low, what job are you doing?

Please make sure you take the time to read our site rules, your post is very similar to others that have been deleted recently, please note no advertising is allowed at all.

Thx.
Old Mar 24th 2022, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE. Just to say, there's no need for most to use an immigration consultant. Yours didn't magically make you eligible, so you could have done it on your own. How did you apply?

Your salary is very low, what job are you doing?

Please make sure you take the time to read our site rules, your post is very similar to others that have been deleted recently, please note no advertising is allowed at all.

Thx.

I work as a chef at <<<SNIP>>>. I've only been working for a couple of months. It might be a low income for you. But you have no right to judge me for that.
I'm familiar with the rules of the forum. I don't do advertising.
I've applied through a private company. It didn't cost a small fortune.

pls

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 24th 2022 at 10:23 am. Reason: Company name removed
Old Mar 24th 2022, 11:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I work as a chef at <<<SNIP>>>. I've only been working for a couple of months. It might be a low income for you. But you have no right to judge me for that.
I'm familiar with the rules of the forum. I don't do advertising.
I've applied through a private company. It didn't cost a small fortune.

pls
I'm not judging you, but there's something not right about what you're telling us as you claim to have moved without a job offer or via EE.

If you look at JobBank, you'll see that the median salary range is $20 per hour for Edmonton which equates to approx $42,000 a year. So you wouldn't have got a work permit based on your current salary as it's almost half that. Interestingly, the company you mentioned above (the name of which has been removed, as per site rules) is advertising for sous chef's paying the $42,000 a year, so if they're paying you half that I'd definitely take it up with them as that's not right. Just checking, you are paid directly by the company and not the immigration consultant you used right?

And whether it cost a small fortune or not doesn't matter, you didn't need to pay anything. I'm simply saying that no immigration consultant can make you eligible, you could have applied yourself and saved the money. Again, how did you get a visa?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 24th 2022 at 11:20 am.
Old Mar 24th 2022, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

I'm not judging you, but there's something not right about what you're telling us as you claim to have moved without a job offer or via EE.

If you look at JobBank, you'll see that the median salary range is $20 per hour for Edmonton which equates to approx $42,000 a year. So you wouldn't have got a work permit based on your current salary as it's almost half that. Interestingly, the company you mentioned above (the name of which has been removed, as per site rules) is advertising for sous chef's paying the $42,000 a year, so if they're paying you half that I'd definitely take it up with them as that's not right. Just checking, you are paid directly by the company and not the immigration consultant you used right?

And whether it cost a small fortune or not doesn't matter, you didn't need to pay anything. I'm simply saying that no immigration consultant can make you eligible, you could have applied yourself and saved the money. Again, how did you get a visa?
$2,000 in two weeks dude. I already told you. I have acquaintances who told me about a private company that advised me on immigration. Helped me gather and applied for a visa.
Do you want me to send you the link?
Do you need counseling, too?
I applied through Express Entry
Old Mar 24th 2022, 1:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

$2,000 in two weeks dude. I already told you. I have acquaintances who told me about a private company that advised me on immigration. Helped me gather and applied for a visa.
Do you want me to send you the link?
Do you need counseling, too?
I applied through Express Entry
You didn’t say it was every 2 weeks. Not sure what your comment about counselling is about but it seems pretty rude tbh. I simply thought you’d been scammed by a dodgy immigration company that were keeping half your wages, apologies for caring.

You keep saying it’s a ‘private company’, but any immigration consultant must be properly licensed, you obviously could have done it yourself easily and saved the money if you just applied via EE, anybody reading that’s considering using a consultant must make sure they are legit.

Looks like you applied back in 2019 if your score was 458, again just for anybody reading it’s not been that low for nearly 3 years.

Old Mar 25th 2022, 10:00 am
Just Joined

You didn’t say it was every 2 weeks. Not sure what your comment about counselling is about but it seems pretty rude tbh. I simply thought you’d been scammed by a dodgy immigration company that were keeping half your wages, apologies for caring.

You keep saying it’s a ‘private company’, but any immigration consultant must be properly licensed, you obviously could have done it yourself easily and saved the money if you just applied via EE, anybody reading that’s considering using a consultant must make sure they are legit.

Looks like you applied back in 2019 if your score was 458, again just for anybody reading it’s not been that low for nearly 3 years.
Ok,man. I hear you. Figure yours out, pls
thx