Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Berto Volpentesta, James Metcalfe, Please Advise

Berto Volpentesta, James Metcalfe, Please Advise

Old Jan 15th 2002, 8:36 pm
Tariq Jamil

Hi, According to your earlier advise regarding second language skill, I have declared
to the interviewer about my capabilities prior to start of interview. It got click
and I pay you avery much thanks for your sincere advise.

I have recieved my medical papers with me, which were issued on 2nd Jan 02. As per
the letter attached with it I have to done my medical with in 90 days of reciept of
this letter.

My confusion is that I would like to delay it for another 30 days which mean that I
would like to do it in 120 days of time. The reason is that my Annual vacation may
fall in May 2003 and if I take my medical in March 2002 my visa should have
alimitation of March 2003, However if this is delayed for another 30 days my problem
will be solved.

My question is that wether I can delayed it by myself or I should take permission
from High Commission or please advise me what should I do?

Once again thanks for your sincere advice.

Tariq Jamil

Old Jan 15th 2002, 11:57 pm
James Metcalfe

If you are applying for PR in Canada why are you worrying about your annual vacation.
Are you coming to Canada to visit or to stay?

Jim Metcalfe

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 16th 2002, 12:04 pm
Berto Volpentesta

Your visa will be valid for one year from the day your do your medical. = Perhaps
this will be of some use for your planning purpose. That is, = you will have to be in
Canada some time before one year from the day you = do your medical.

If you wish to delay it, you may have to explain to the embassy. It it = appears your
intention to migrate has changed you may have a problem so = you should be careful
about your request.

--=20 Good luck,

All opinions expressed are IMHO, not anyone else's

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 16th 2002, 5:07 pm
Tariq Jamil

"James Metcalfe" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi, According to your earlier advise regarding second language skill, I have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > declared to the interviewer about my capabilities prior to start of interview. It[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > got click and I pay you avery much thanks for your sincere advise.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I have recieved my medical papers with me, which were issued on 2nd Jan 02. As[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > per the letter attached with it I have to done my medical with in 90 days of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > reciept of this letter.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My confusion is that I would like to delay it for another 30 days which mean that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I would like to do it in 120 days of time. The reason is that my Annual vacation[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > may fall in May 2003 and if I take my medical in March 2002 my visa should have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > alimitation of March 2003, However if this is delayed for another 30 days my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > problem will be solved.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My question is that wether I can delayed it by myself or I should take permission[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > from High Commission or please advise me what should I do?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Once again thanks for your sincere advice.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Tariq Jamil[/usenetquote2]

Dear Mr Metcalfe, Thanks for your response. Yes I will be coming on PR status,
however before resigning the job I would like to visit the place and setle my family
then I would like to back on my job and resign. This is my plan. Could you please
help me regarding this query if I may delay my medical for another 30 days time?
Tariq Jamil

Old Jan 17th 2002, 5:43 am
Tariq Jamil

"Berto Volpentesta" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi, According to your earlier advise regarding second language skill, I have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > declared to the interviewer about my capabilities prior to start of interview. It[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > got click and I pay you avery much thanks for your sincere advise.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I have recieved my medical papers with me, which were issued on 2nd Jan 02. As[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > per the letter attached with it I have to done my medical with in 90 days of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > reciept of this letter.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My confusion is that I would like to delay it for another 30 days which mean that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I would like to do it in 120 days of time. The reason is that my Annual vacation[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > may fall in May 2003 and if I take my medical in March 2002 my visa should have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > alimitation of March 2003, However if this is delayed for another 30 days my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > problem will be solved.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My question is that wether I can delayed it by myself or I should take permission[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > from High Commission or please advise me what should I do?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Once again thanks for your sincere advice.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Tariq Jamil[/usenetquote2]

Berto Volpentesta, Sir,Thank you very much for your sincere advise I will take this
in to account. once again thanks very much for your help. Tariq Jamil