Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Berlin - medical to landing papers backlog?

Berlin - medical to landing papers backlog?

Old Jul 26th 2002, 9:20 am
Frans

Default Berlin - medical to landing papers backlog?

Dear net dwellers,

Has anybody got recent experience with the Visa Service in Berlin? According to the
Overseas Medical Service in Vienna, my file has been returned to Berlin more than 6
weeks ago. I have two questions:

Is it normal that you don't get the results of the medical sent to your home directly
from Vienna?

Has anybody got recent experience about the time it takes Berlin to come up with the
landing papers after a positive medical assessment has been received?

[Some background: something triggered the attention of the Medical Officer after the
results of the first examination were sent to him, enticing him to ask for additional
tests. The medical staff here refused to do these test, as they were intrusive, not
without risk, and without medical indication. On the phone with the medical officer
we came up with a compromise, and the result of this were sent to Vienna). After that
all went quiet, and the doctor in Vienna I had been in contact with, turned ill, so I
couldn't communicate with him anymore. Another contact in Vienna says they have no
backlogs anymore, and all files had been processed. I'm a bit apprehensive now, as
you may understand]

Frans

Old Jul 26th 2002, 2:20 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Berlin - medical to landing papers backlog?

Results of medicals are never sent to the applicant - they must go to the visa office
address specified in medical forms.

If there is nothing wrong with medicals and background/security check has been
concluded then you should expect visa anywhere between 3 and 6 months from medicals.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Frans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Dear net dwellers,
    >
    > Has anybody got recent experience with the Visa Service in Berlin? According to the
    > Overseas Medical Service in Vienna, my file has been returned to Berlin more than 6
    > weeks ago. I have two questions:
    >
    > Is it normal that you don't get the results of the medical sent to your home
    > directly from Vienna?
    >
    > Has anybody got recent experience about the time it takes Berlin to come up with
    > the landing papers after a positive medical assessment has been received?
    >
    > [Some background: something triggered the attention of the Medical Officer after
    > the results of the first examination were sent to him, enticing him to ask for
    > additional tests. The medical staff here refused to do these test, as they were
    > intrusive, not without risk, and without medical indication. On the phone with the
    > medical officer we came up with a compromise, and the result of this were sent to
    > Vienna). After that all went quiet, and the doctor in Vienna I had been in contact
    > with, turned ill, so I couldn't communicate with him anymore. Another contact in
    > Vienna says they have no backlogs anymore, and all files had been processed. I'm a
    > bit apprehensive now, as you may understand]
    >
    > Frans