Belated passport requests...

Old Jul 5th 2011, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

atlantic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Belated passport requests...

Hello everyone;

Just wanted to share some news. I was on the phone with the other half. Whilst talking to him, I learnt that he has received an email form our lawyer in Canada. It was with regards to a correspondence the lawyer's office received form the visa post today.

It stated that my husband should send through his passport with in 15 days of the date stated on the letter. The letter is dated 13th of June. So effectively he has missed out on the deadline, thanks to Canada post and their strike.

He has emailed the visa post; asking them to give him some additional time to send over his passport. Any ideas how would this work out?

thanks heaps and good luck everyone...
Old Jul 5th 2011, 10:57 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Belated passport requests...

Originally Posted by atlantic
Hello everyone;

Just wanted to share some news. I was on the phone with the other half. Whilst talking to him, I learnt that he has received an email form our lawyer in Canada. It was with regards to a correspondence the lawyer's office received form the visa post today.

It stated that my husband should send through his passport with in 15 days of the date stated on the letter. The letter is dated 13th of June. So effectively he has missed out on the deadline, thanks to Canada post and their strike.

He has emailed the visa post; asking them to give him some additional time to send over his passport. Any ideas how would this work out?

thanks heaps and good luck everyone...
I assume the letter was sent to the lawyer by post and because of the strike - was late in arriving? If this was the case I can't see how CIC could say no to an extension.

Good luck
Old Jul 6th 2011, 12:29 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The only reason I can see for the short notice of 15 days might be soon to expire medicals. If not then there is virtually no chance that the visa office would close the case provided the passports are sent now. You could include an explanation in a covering letter.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I assume the letter was sent to the lawyer by post and because of the strike - was late in arriving? If this was the case I can't see how CIC could say no to an extension.

Good luck
Hi Amy;

Thanks for replying. Yes the request letter was sent by post. And the visa post has just advised us that we have been given an extension of 7 days to send our passports over. Good on them.

cheers
Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The only reason I can see for the short notice of 15 days might be soon to expire medicals. If not then there is virtually no chance that the visa office would close the case provided the passports are sent now. You could include an explanation in a covering letter.
Jim;

Thanks for sharing your insight. I d send the passports over right away.

thanks a lot for your help.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I heard CIC were granting grace periods during the strike. So, if for example the strike lasted 3 weeks you could safely add 3 weeks onto the deadline.

As Jim says unless expiring medicals are an issue I think you will be fine, but do add a letter explaining that their correspondence was delayed due to the postal strike.

Wayne.