Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is being a Chartered Engineer recognised in Canada (BC?)

Is being a Chartered Engineer recognised in Canada (BC?)

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Canada Hopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is being a Chartered Engineer recognised in Canada (BC?)

Hello All,

Firstly, apologies if this has already been asked, however I have done a couple of searches on the threads (and on google) and cannot yet find anything.

Just wondering if anyone out there has successfully made the move to Canada via an Engineering job, and whether holding Chartered Engineer status in the UK was of any advantage, and if so were there any steps required in order for this to be recognised in Canada, or whether people don't really think it was what swung it for them?? OH works on the Space side of engineering, but we're desparate for him to find work in BC (despite the majority of employers appearing to be located on the Eastern side). Want to be as attractive a prospect as possible to potential employers so trying to work out if its worth getting chartered now and thus becoming a member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers or whether this would actually just be a waste of time.

OH is also v. open to a change in engineering industry as we know the aerospace companies are not a-plenty.

ANY advice, re. finding employment most gratefully received!

Thank you.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:58 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is being a Chartered Engineer recognised in Canada (BC?)

http://cicic.ca/684/Engineers.canada?prof=2130

http://www.engineerscanada.ca/index.cfm
Old Jun 24th 2008, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Canada Hopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is being a Chartered Engineer recognised in Canada (BC?)

Thank you Andrew.

I guess it is all there if you look well enough!

Will do my best to have thoroughly checked everywhere before asking another one.

Have a good day!