Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Been a while... but PR card has come through the post!

Been a while... but PR card has come through the post!

Old Dec 4th 2014, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

mrpsv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Been a while... but PR card has come through the post!

Hey everybody,

been a long while since I've been on the forum since getting my COPR (August). So thought I'd give my experience of landing at YYZ Toronto.

I landed as a PR in September, a month after receiving all the documents in the post, and the whole process was very straight forward. I had already made a goods accompanying list and a goods to follow list on Excel and printed two copies. Waited in line at Immigration and told the Officer that I was here to "land" and showed him my documents. He told me to join the line at the next immigration point, where they ask you all extra questions etc. Stood and waited in line there for about 20 minutes. When it came to my turn, I was told to wait again for another Officer

After waiting a further 20 minutes, I was called for my turn and the Officer took my documents and started going through everything. She took around 10 minutes, asked questions regarding the information on the COPR and made sure everything was still correct. She then signed and made me sign the paper and with that, I was done!

She recommended getting my SIN number as there was also a Service Canada there and after 10 mins, had my SIN number too!

My goods to follow list was sorted out at customs and stamped. Few days later, my stuff arrived and everything was cleared through.

Since then, I got my full G license, which was a straight swap over from my UK license. Started a new job and now on the hunt for a car.
Old Dec 4th 2014, 6:31 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been a while... but PR card has come through the post!

That's awesome! Glad your whole landing process was smooth, minus the bits of waiting, but at least it was all sorted out in the end!

Hope you are enjoying your new setup in Toronto!
Old Dec 4th 2014, 6:46 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

congrats
Old Dec 4th 2014, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Did you expect it (PR card) to arrive by carrier pigeon or sled dog team?
Old Dec 4th 2014, 7:26 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

hey it's Canada , doesn't everything come via dog sleigh to our igloos ?
Old Dec 4th 2014, 7:28 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Did you expect it (PR card) to arrive by carrier pigeon or sled dog team?
Mine was hand delivered by a redcoated Mountie on a shiny black horse.

Congratulations to the OP
Old Dec 4th 2014, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

mrpsv is an unknown quantity at this point

FL... been a while was in terms of being on the forum. i knew the PR card would take around 3 months to come

thanks everyone else

Last edited by mrpsv; Dec 4th 2014 at 7:41 am. Reason: adding more content
Old Dec 4th 2014, 7:46 am
Professional Cat herder

Originally Posted by bats
Mine was hand delivered by a redcoated Mountie on a shiny black horse.

Congratulations to the OP
no fair!!