Been quiet for a while...

Old Feb 10th 2022, 8:42 pm
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Been quiet for a while...

I don't want to jinx things but I just submitted my RFV letter, two final annotated passport pics, photo of my passport's photo page and proof of payment for courier service to VFS Global in London.

Dear <snip>:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.
As I say, don't want to jinx things but after 28 months of application processing time and nearly 17 years of trying to figure out how to do it (and to make myself an attractive prospect), it looks like it's finally happened baby!!!

If I'm wrong then please correct me (be gentle!)

So damn happy and relieved right now.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 11th 2022 at 10:58 am. Reason: Removed your name. :-)
Old Feb 11th 2022, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Sunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been quiet for a while...

I sent mine off as well yesterday . Congratulations.
Old Feb 11th 2022, 10:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Feb 11th 2022, 11:16 am
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome news!
Old Feb 11th 2022, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Sunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you paid the right fee, I paid VFS £16.15 as per their website and just had an email saying the fee is £18.35, please send another £2.20, so I have
Old Feb 12th 2022, 2:01 pm
The Dude Abides

Checked the small print about 1000 times and spoke to someone there who confirmed it was £18.35 so that's what I paid hopefully there's no sneaky extra fees lurking in the weeds...
Old Feb 12th 2022, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by theotherlebowski
Checked the small print about 1000 times and spoke to someone there who confirmed it was £18.35 so that's what I paid hopefully there's no sneaky extra fees lurking in the weeds...
I just went via the price list on the VFS website and assumed it was a package transmission for £16.15.

The £18.35 is for a one way courier service within the UK and that is a discounted price from the small print as the normal price for that service is £20.35.

They don't make it easy do they but I've had confirmation from VFS that it's been sent somewhere
Old Feb 12th 2022, 4:24 pm
The Dude Abides

Yeah, they're a bit on the clunky side at VSF in London.

When I went to do my biometrics the security guard on the front desk sent me to completely the wrong place even though I told him quite clearly it was for Canada.

Their website was down the other day too when I was trying to find out details of this final stage.

Very frustrating when the clock's ticking and you're already stressed!

Hopefully all good though. Can't wait for official COPR
Old Feb 14th 2022, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Just checked my MyCIC account and there was an email waiting for me that said "Your application for a permanent resident visa has been approved" .and that the COPR is in the post.
Old Feb 14th 2022, 9:10 pm
The Dude Abides

Originally Posted by Sunnybrae
Just checked my MyCIC account and there was an email waiting for me that said "Your application for a permanent resident visa has been approved" .and that the COPR is in the post.
Amazing stuff! I can't wait to be able to see that in my account