Wikiposts

Becoming representative

Old Jul 10th 2010, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

noolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant future
Default Becoming representative

Hi guys!!

I am a permanent resident of Canada. My brother is about to send his documents to CIO. I would like to become his representative. Could someone please tell me what are the Pros and Cons of Becoming a Representative. will it help him in any regard???

Thanks in advance for all your comments..
Old Jul 10th 2010, 2:24 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Becoming representative

Originally Posted by noolan
Hi guys!!

I am a permanent resident of Canada. My brother is about to send his documents to CIO. I would like to become his representative. Could someone please tell me what are the Pros and Cons of Becoming a Representative. will it help him in any regard???

Thanks in advance for all your comments..
In your case, it would mean you can have access to his personal information and that is about it!
Old Jul 10th 2010, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

noolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
In your case, it would mean you can have access to his personal information and that is about it!
Thanks Amydavid for such a quick response. one thing more!! will CIC send me any letters etc on my mailing address. The reason for asking is I am about to move to another city and will do the redirection of my mail for 6 months. I dont wanna miss any important letter that is sent by CIC. I am not sure how reliable Canada post is in this matter.

Thanks,
Old Jul 10th 2010, 2:32 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Amydavid for such a quick response. one thing more!! will CIC send me any letters etc on my mailing address. The reason for asking is I am about to move to another city and will do the redirection of my mail for 6 months. I dont wanna miss any important letter that is sent by CIC. I am not sure how reliable Canada post is in this matter.

Thanks,
If you were the rep and added on any request for mailing address that the address on IMM5476E should be used, this is what should be used.

I think Canada post are quite reliable on address redirection so don't panic too much!
Old Jul 10th 2010, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
If you were the rep and added on any request for mailing address that the address on IMM5476E should be used, this is what should be used.

I think Canada post are quite reliable on address redirection so don't panic too much!
Thanks Amydavid. Really appreciate your input...
Old Jul 10th 2010, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Amydavid. Really appreciate your input...
One last question....... Can I use my relative address instead of mine?? I will not be living on that address, but would just use that one. since they are living permanently over there for years.....The reason for being nervous is that the rules have changed. If you miss a letter or make a mistake, you are gone....