Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BCPNP or TWP+PR, primary applicant

Wikiposts

BCPNP or TWP+PR, primary applicant

Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all
Default Re: BCPNP or TWP+PR, primary applicant

http://www.ecdev.gov.bc.ca/ProgramsA...o_appforms.htm
Sorry it under Federal Citizenship and Immigration Canada Forms
"application for Permanent residence", number 1 - IMM0008. Not PNP but still question stands.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:24 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

oh, i guess i got it with the forms - you're talking about the relatives in canada on the pnp nominee information form, right?
if i'm not mistaken it's about living persons. and the closer the better. i don't think that you might be in the situation to prove your relationship to the person because you don't claim federal points for it. but i'd stay with the ones you would be able to obtain proof if needed (birth certificates of your father and his brother and your cousin if that's the one you have on your list - just as an example)
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

do you know how important it is to mention advertising for the position on the PNP application, is it as important for the employee to advertise for the position to see if a canadian could fill the job if applying via PNP, like it is with LMO
Thanks again your being a great help to clarify things, if anyone else wants to pitch in your welcome :-)
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:41 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, cross posting here

page 2 of form imm0008egen:
it's your immediate family.
that's definitely your girlfriend as your common-law partner, your kids, and hers (if applicable). no siblings or parents.

advertising - my own experience:
i was in a similar position as you are: coming over on a young workers exchange program, i was working for more than a year in the position we finally applied for.
my employer didn't advertise the job at all. bcpnp phoned him to clarify that, asking why he didn't advertise but were satisfied with his explanation and nominated me two weeks after they got the application. that was february 2007, i'd say they haven't been particularly busy at the time. but as a cabinet maker in the comox valley there has been a proven need of employees - a fact which surely helped the decision.

as you know each case is different, and there might have been some minor adjustment to the procedure in mean time i don't know of. i suggest that you give them a call and ask them before you start doing all the paperwork.