BC Tech Pilot

Old Dec 6th 2019, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Whitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC Tech Pilot

Originally Posted by Whitehat

I graduated from my 2 year Diploma in July 2019. I was not eligible for a PGWP as I attended a Private College (which aren’t eligible for PGWP’s). - This is why I applied early for my IEC and activated it in August 2019 (right after I graduated).

I will definitely make sure to read the resources you and Christmasoompa have highlighted.

And sure, I’ll check my scores for both FSW and CRS, once done, I’ll post a reply with the points.

FSW Point Test Results with explanations: 74 Points

FSW score:

Language:

(First official language) 24 Points

Education:

(2 year post secondary Canadian diploma) 19 points

Work Experience:

(1 Year of Canadian NOC Type:B work experience from Oct 2018 - Oct 2019) 9points

(NOTE: In Oct 2020 I can 9 points will change to 11 points).

(18-35) 12 points

Arranged employment in Canada:

(With BC Tech Pilot - Situation 2) 10 points

Adaptability:

N/A (you and your spouse? I have grandparents in Canada which can give an addition 5 points but it says me and my spouse so would I count this?)?

Old Dec 6th 2019, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Whitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond reputeWhitehat has a reputation beyond repute

CRS Points (I haven’t included the skilled work I did while on a Coop WP as I heard that isn’t counted. This was with the one year work Experience I would have by Aug 2020 as I’m currently on my IEC).

Core/Human capital factors

• Age = 110
  • Level of education = 98
  • Study in Canada = 15
  • Official Languages = 136
    • First Official Language = 136
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 40
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 384

Spouse factors

• Level of education = 0
  • First Official Languages = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0

Skill transferability factors

Education

• A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 13
Subtotal = 38

Foreign work experience

• A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 0
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0
Subtotal = 0

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 38

Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 422

Provincial nomination = 0

Job offer = 0

Study in Canada = 15

Sibling in Canada = 0

French-language skills = 0

Subtotal Additional points = 15

Grand total = 437

Old Dec 6th 2019, 10:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I graduated from my 2 year Diploma in July 2019. I was not eligible for a PGWP as I attended a Private College (which aren’t eligible for PGWP’s). - This is why I applied early for my IEC and activated it in August 2019 (right after I graduated).

I will definitely make sure to read the resources you and Christmasoompa have highlighted.

And sure, I’ll check my scores for both FSW and CRS, once done, I’ll post a reply with the points.

That's not strictly true - if they were on the designated learning institute list then you may have been able to apply.. I presume you had to apply for a study permit - or was it that the program didn't qualify you to get a PGWP?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ions-list.html

We always recommend checking to make sure the college/uni attended (and the program) will allow you to get a PGWP before going to the expense of studying in Canada.
Were you in Canada as a dependent or did you come over as a foreign student prior to obtaining your IEC working holiday WP by any chance?
Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
That's not strictly true - if they were on the designated learning institute list then you may have been able to apply.. I presume you had to apply for a study permit - or was it that the program didn't qualify you to get a PGWP?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ions-list.html

We always recommend checking to make sure the college/uni attended (and the program) will allow you to get a PGWP before going to the expense of studying in Canada.
Were you in Canada as a dependent or did you come over as a foreign student prior to obtaining your IEC working holiday WP by any chance?
My college did not offer a PGWP eligible program. I came to Canada as a foreign student first, studied, did a bit of co-op work then got graduated and that's when I activated my IEC WP which I'm currently on now.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 10:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

My college did not offer a PGWP eligible program. I came to Canada as a foreign student first, studied, did a bit of co-op work then got graduated and that's when I activated my IEC WP which I'm currently on now.
What was the ultimate aim of studying in Canada, beause it isn't cheap and those kinds of programs are offered in many places. Were you planning on applying for Permanent Residency before you came?

I'm trying to see the big picture, because it doesn't make a lot of sense right now. I thought perhaps you had come over with family who were on TWP's and had then applied for a study permit to enable you to study in Canada for the time being.. and then because you wanted to work etc., found a course at a local college that was a little less expensive and gave you a qualifation and a little bit of work experience... (or had a Canadian potential g/f b/f and wanted to spend time with them)

I so wish you had looked for one of the (many) colleges that do offer PGPW eligible programs .. then you could have worked for up to 2 years and that experience would have counted for lots of points.

Do have a really good read of all the information about the Tech Pilot.. see if you qualify without waiting until August 2020 because it ends in June 2020 (and the position you have may not even be on it then).

Old Dec 8th 2019, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

What was the ultimate aim of studying in Canada, beause it isn't cheap and those kinds of programs are offered in many places. Were you planning on applying for Permanent Residency before you came?

I'm trying to see the big picture, because it doesn't make a lot of sense right now. I thought perhaps you had come over with family who were on TWP's and had then applied for a study permit to enable you to study in Canada for the time being.. and then because you wanted to work etc., found a course at a local college that was a little less expensive and gave you a qualifation and a little bit of work experience... (or had a Canadian potential g/f b/f and wanted to spend time with them)

I so wish you had looked for one of the (many) colleges that do offer PGPW eligible programs .. then you could have worked for up to 2 years and that experience would have counted for lots of points.

Do have a really good read of all the information about the Tech Pilot.. see if you qualify without waiting until August 2020 because it ends in June 2020 (and the position you have may not even be on it then).

I didn't know that certain institutes wouldn't be eligible for a PGWP I thought that as long as I graduate I would be eligible as I was going to an eligible institute. Didn't know specific programs were eligible or not.. Do I regret my choice? Yes.

I don't have a Canadian relationship either so that's out of the windows lol. I've been reading up the documents provided and will brainstorm on what my next Plan A, B or C is....

I met an immigration consultant and he told me that one option for me is to complete my 2nd year of skilled Canadian work experience, see if the BC Tech Pilot still has my NOC and then after applying for it go ahead with the BC PNP paper application.. Again, I'm still going to brainstorm and read up all the resources I have to see what option I have.

Thanks again.. I'll update this post once I find something.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 2:56 am
Banned

I didn't know that certain institutes wouldn't be eligible for a PGWP I thought that as long as I graduate I would be eligible as I was going to an eligible institute. Didn't know specific programs were eligible or not.. Do I regret my choice? Yes.

I don't have a Canadian relationship either so that's out of the windows lol. I've been reading up the documents provided and will brainstorm on what my next Plan A, B or C is....

I met an immigration consultant and he told me that one option for me is to complete my 2nd year of skilled Canadian work experience, see if the BC Tech Pilot still has my NOC and then after applying for it go ahead with the BC PNP paper application.. Again, I'm still going to brainstorm and read up all the resources I have to see what option I have.

Thanks again.. I'll update this post once I find something.
PLEASE don't waste your money on an Immigration Consultant unless you have a complex case such a a criminal background, health issues or multiple relationships.. they can't magic up points you don't have nor qualify you for routes you don't qualiy for... all the information you require is available both here and on the official websites. You either qualify or you don't.

The suggestion of applying when you have 2 years of experience is all well and good - BUT only if the BC PNP Tech PIlot is still going - presently it's supposed to end in June 2020, and there is no guarantee they will continue with it - they have already extended it once.

I'm still curious as to what made you choose to come to Canada to attend college to do a 2 year diploma course, without being a route to PR - it seems a strange choice. You didn't mention whether you were here as a dependent prior to going to college, so I presume it was a concious decision on your part.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

PLEASE don't waste your money on an Immigration Consultant unless you have a complex case such a a criminal background, health issues or multiple relationships.. they can't magic up points you don't have nor qualify you for routes you don't qualiy for... all the information you require is available both here and on the official websites. You either qualify or you don't.

The suggestion of applying when you have 2 years of experience is all well and good - BUT only if the BC PNP Tech PIlot is still going - presently it's supposed to end in June 2020, and there is no guarantee they will continue with it - they have already extended it once.

I'm still curious as to what made you choose to come to Canada to attend college to do a 2 year diploma course, without being a route to PR - it seems a strange choice. You didn't mention whether you were here as a dependent prior to going to college, so I presume it was a conscious decision on your part.
The consultant used to visit my college and hold sessions time to time, hence why I got his details and thought to met him.. plus he provided free consultation but, I understand your point - I'm just stressed out by what my options are as I don't want to run out of time and have to head back to the UK. And true.. the 'plan' is very dependent on the BC Tech Pilot if it get's extended or not which is risky.

To clarify, I did not come to Canada as a dependent. I came here with a study permit as a student. The only other thing I can try is the CEC in August 2020 but my CRS points would be 437 - I don't know if this would cut it to get an ITA, I know the score always fluctuates but it's another risk.

And obviously above all of this is the fact that I don't want my WP to expire. It's good that I have 2 years but I need to get cracking now to sort all the nitty gritty details out.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

I won't be eligible for the BC PNP Skills Immigration - Intl Graduate stream as I graduated with my 2 year Diploma from a private college and not a public school.

"If you have a diploma or certificate, it must be from a public post-secondary institution in Canada. Diplomas and Certificates from private institutions are not eligible. Language training (an ESL program, for example) does not qualify." - BC PNP Program Guide, Pg 21.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

"The wage you have been offered must be competitive with B.C. wage rates for the occupation. For more information, please refer to individual category requirements." - BC PNP Program Guide Pg: 34.

Does this mean I have to make the median wage rate for my NOC which can be found on the Work BC website: https://www.workbc.ca/Jobs-Careers/E...gs-and-outlook
Old Aug 29th 2020, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

I'm still curious as to what made you choose to come to Canada to attend college to do a 2 year diploma course, without being a route to PR - it seems a strange choice. You didn't mention whether you were here as a dependent prior to going to college, so I presume it was a concious decision on your part.
Hey,

Just a question:

"The wage you have been offered must be competitive with B.C. wage rates for the occupation. For more information, please refer to individual category requirements." - BC PNP Program Guide Pg: 34.

Question: Does this mean I have to make the median wage rate for my NOC which can be found on the Work BC website: https://www.workbc.ca/Jobs-Careers/E...gs-and-outlook

Reason behind question:
I spoke to a couple of people and some say I'd need to make the median for my job ($30/hr - NOC 2282) and some say what I make right now is fine as I have enough SIRS points. I just want to be sure and any advise you have would help. I wonder if you've ever had this before or if i'm just thinking too much.