Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BC Provincial Nomination - Certificate Expired

BC Provincial Nomination - Certificate Expired

Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

durin8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BC Provincial Nomination - Certificate Expired

Due to a combination of reasons my PNP certificate will expire before I can re-submit my returned immigration application. Is it possible to apply for an extension to the issued PNP certificate if all my details remain the same? Or, do you have to re-apply for the certificate from scratch incurring all the costs again? Thanks.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:57 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC Provincial Nomination - Certificate Expired

Hi

I am not sure if there is any flexibility in this, I guess it would be down to the province that nominated you to agree an extension of time, perhaps you could contact them and explain your situation and see what they say.

Good luck, hope you don't have to reapply, is there no way you can submit the PR application now?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. There is always hope.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

killbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

The same thing happened to one of my friend, his application from CIC Buffalo sent back because of a mistake in the application. By the time he wanted to resubmit his BC PNP is expired.

Luckily the BC PNP guys issued a new PNP based on the same job.

Contact the named person on your PNP letter and explain your situation. You may get a renewal.

All the best.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply.

I contacted the named person from BC PNP and explained the situation. To my surprise I was granted a 4 month extension with no additional fees.

The approval letter for the extension was sent direct to the Immigration Visa Office as I was told they don't send copies to applicants. Hopefully this won't affect my application when I resend my application to the Visa Office. My returned documents indicated a copy of this letter should be enclosed with the application.

I'm double checking with BC PNP to be sure.