Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BC PNP Terrifying News. Advice needed pls!!

BC PNP Terrifying News. Advice needed pls!!

Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:13 am
Just Joined

puma2jep is on a distinguished road
Default BC PNP Terrifying News. Advice needed pls!!

Hi all,

I just phoned the BC PNP office to ask for the status of my application. After a long pause the guy who picked up the phone told me a decision hasn't been made yet, then asked me to hold for a minute, after what appeared an eternity he picked up the phone again and told me his colleague had just informed him that a decision was already made!!!! and that I should receive it by mail in the next couple weeks. Then I asked whether it was positive or not and he mentioned that he could not give me that information over the phone, which of course got me terrified as I know that some people on this forum recently were told that their BC PNP application was apprived over the phone.

I'm now expecting the worst... since he made me think that the real reason why he didn't want to tell me whether it was positive or not was obviously 'cause it's negative... but on the other hand I'd like to think that the guy who hapened to be picking up the phone today was just a snob who didn't want to disclose such information, which of course is my hope!!! as he mentioned that the general policy is not to disclose such information over the phone.

Has anybody else is/been on the same boat?? that they didn't inform you at first over the phone but the actual BC PNP decision was positive???? I don't want to wait two weeks to know, it's just nerve wrecking
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC PNP Terrifying News. Advice needed pls!!

this is rotten they are playing power games with you:curse:

cant believe the differerence in attitudes between the provinces thing is for any thing else you could explode at them but this is impossible when it comes to someone dealing with your immigration!!

Do you not have a direct line phone number or email address for the person dealing with your file?

Could you call them again and say in the nicest possible way that you are terrified of a negative a 2 week wait is going to cause you untold stress because you know of people who have got positive answers over the phone etc etc and could they not email you the decsion if they wont give it over the phone please

we are so lucky in nova scotia we get contact names phone numbers contact emails etc and everything is emailed first then hard copy sent so you dont have to wait for a slow postal service

sounds like BC could learn from NS

having said that I suppose its because al and sundry are flocking to BC so they are not short of applicants

huge luck I would be just the same as you if I was unable to get an answer
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:06 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by puma2jep
Hi all,

Has anybody else is/been on the same boat?? that they didn't inform you at first over the phone but the actual BC PNP decision was positive???? I don't want to wait two weeks to know, it's just nerve wrecking
Our approval came in the post and not by a phone call so don't panic yet
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:08 am
West Coast Enthusiast

Frank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud of

Hi all,

I'd like to think that the guy who hapened to be picking up the phone today was just a snob who didn't want to disclose such information, which of course is my hope!!! as he mentioned that the general policy is not to disclose such information over the phone.
I have been dealing a lot with immigration authorities - not PNP - but they really make it hard for you to find anything out over the phone. A lot of it is privacy rules, so they say. I would not worry (easy to say ) and keep checking the post.

Good luck.

Frank
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:09 am
Just Joined

puma2jep is on a distinguished road

Thank you all guys for your sincere replies, I just hung up from calling them again and there was another guy who picked up the phone, and all I got was the same response "I'm not allowed to discuss that over the phone" so I guess now it's real, the decision is negative...
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:13 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thank you all guys for your sincere replies, I just hung up from calling them again and there was another guy who picked up the phone, and all I got was the same response "I'm not allowed to discuss that over the phone" so I guess now it's real, the decision is negative...
Privacy Act, Privacy Act, they don't know who you are on the phone, so they are not going to discuss a case.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:08 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

so I guess now it's real, the decision is negative...
The only negative thing is you. They can't discuss it whether it is yes or no - think positive. Perhaps your prospective employer could try speaking to them. Chin up and think good thoughts.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

I just phoned the BC PNP office to ask for the status of my application. After a long pause the guy who picked up the phone told me a decision hasn't been made yet, then asked me to hold for a minute, after what appeared an eternity he picked up the phone again and told me his colleague had just informed him that a decision was already made!!!! and that I should receive it by mail in the next couple weeks. Then I asked whether it was positive or not and he mentioned that he could not give me that information over the phone, which of course got me terrified as I know that some people on this forum recently were told that their BC PNP application was apprived over the phone.

I'm now expecting the worst... since he made me think that the real reason why he didn't want to tell me whether it was positive or not was obviously 'cause it's negative... but on the other hand I'd like to think that the guy who hapened to be picking up the phone today was just a snob who didn't want to disclose such information, which of course is my hope!!! as he mentioned that the general policy is not to disclose such information over the phone.

Awww, think positive Yes, it's incredibly hard but it's not going to help you thinking negatively. The person who picked up the phone could have been genuine and honestly believed that a decision hasn't been made.... perhaps when he put you on hold the first time, he asked his colleague if he could help and they couldn't find anything to the contrary. Whilst you were still on the phone, maybe his colleague did some more searching and realised that a decision has been made

I would wait, seriously and think positive, you'll be fine!!

Let us know the good news as soon as you get the letter if you're not too busy down the pub that is

Oh and like the previous post quite rightly says, its privacy, that's all, some people are just happy to overlook this but wouldn't you rather have them adhering to this than giving your information out to anyone pretending to be you. Also, think about it, if you get a decision over the telephone, then a lot of other people are going to be calling up the office too in order to find out the status' of their applications, they'd be inundated with telephone calls... yes, no, maybe??
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Chin up. If everybody keeps telling you they can't discuss it over the phone, it's probably just because they can't discuss it over the phone. I really, really wouldn't read any more into it than that. Easy to say, I know, but it's the truth.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:17 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I am sure it will be fine, as everyone has said its privacy/data protection stuff, you could be anyone on the phone I would try not to read into this being a negative, although I appreciate it must be really hard as you are currently in limbo

Good luck, hope you get the letter very soonLet us know