BC PNP QUERY

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

DearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really nice
Default BC PNP QUERY

Hello there,

I've had so many lovely people helping me in the past so I thought I'd be cheeky and ask another question. I am confused with the BC PNP Skilled worker route, as it says that applications will be accepted from foreign workers who are employed in skilled occupations that fall into Skill levels O, A or B.

So I looked at the NOC matrix and Retail Manager is listed as O, so I was happy. But then I read the following on the PNP website:

Examples of eligible middle and other management occupations

Accommodation services manager
marketing manager
production manager
research director
software development manager

Examples of ineligible occupations

Managers in social and community services
public administration
retail trade

So I guess I can't apply for this as a retail manager?

Very confusing!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this.

Emma
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

nataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to all
Default Re: BC PNP QUERY

Originally Posted by DearAlly
Hello there,

I've had so many lovely people helping me in the past so I thought I'd be cheeky and ask another question. I am confused with the BC PNP Skilled worker route, as it says that applications will be accepted from foreign workers who are employed in skilled occupations that fall into Skill levels O, A or B.

So I looked at the NOC matrix and Retail Manager is listed as O, so I was happy. But then I read the following on the PNP website:

Examples of eligible middle and other management occupations

Accommodation services manager
marketing manager
production manager
research director
software development manager

Examples of ineligible occupations

Managers in social and community services
public administration
retail trade

So I guess I can't apply for this as a retail manager?

Very confusing!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this.

Emma
No, you can't apply as a Retail Sales manager.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

afoks is an unknown quantity at this point

Not all skilled occupations are eligible for BC PNP - retail managers are among those ineligible.

But for example retail trade managers are on the Alberta's list of occupations under pressure - look for job there.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

DearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really nice

Wow, thanks for your quick replies! I am already in Canada on a Bunac and have settled in Kelowna.

So I guess I'll have to be a salesperson instead as this occupation is on the new BC pilot project and just hope my employer gets an ELMO, although I can't see why they would have to employ me over a Canadian as I'm sure there are plenty who would do the job!

OR I change my job. I know of a hotel in town who already has an ELMO. Maybe I shall try and get a front desk reception job there as this occupation is on the list. I know this just grants me a TWP, but it's something to extend my stay. Not sure how that will work out for the fiance when his Bunac runs out. Any ideas? His occupation isn't on any list!

If I get the TWP, is it possible to go from a TWP to PR if you're in an unskilled job, if you've been working in it for 2 years in Canada. I do have a degree, which may get me points. What I'm trying to ask is if it works in your favour being here and working for 2 years?

I don't think there is a magical list of employers who have been accepted LMOs or ELMOs, is there? That would be too easy!

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Emma
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

nataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to all

Wow, thanks for your quick replies! I am already in Canada on a Bunac and have settled in Kelowna.

So I guess I'll have to be a salesperson instead as this occupation is on the new BC pilot project and just hope my employer gets an ELMO, although I can't see why they would have to employ me over a Canadian as I'm sure there are plenty who would do the job!

OR I change my job. I know of a hotel in town who already has an ELMO. Maybe I shall try and get a front desk reception job there as this occupation is on the list. I know this just grants me a TWP, but it's something to extend my stay. Not sure how that will work out for the fiance when his Bunac runs out. Any ideas? His occupation isn't on any list!

If I get the TWP, is it possible to go from a TWP to PR if you're in an unskilled job, if you've been working in it for 2 years in Canada. I do have a degree, which may get me points. What I'm trying to ask is if it works in your favour being here and working for 2 years?

I don't think there is a magical list of employers who have been accepted LMOs or ELMOs, is there? That would be too easy!

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Emma
Unfortunately with a low skilled job you won't be able to apply for Federal Skilled Worker PR or Canadian Experience class. If you can get a job as a Front Desk Agent then after you've worked for your employer for 9 months, you'll be able to apply for BC PNP.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your help.

Does anyone know where I can get the complete list of occupations eligible for the BC PNP please as obviously there are some management occupations which are eligible and some which are not, so I could do with having a look at the complete list to see if there is something I can work my way to!

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your help.

Does anyone know where I can get the complete list of occupations eligible for the BC PNP please as obviously there are some management occupations which are eligible and some which are not, so I could do with having a look at the complete list to see if there is something I can work my way to!

Thanks in advance!
http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/provincial...entrylevel.htm

http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/provincial...ledworkers.htm
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, the unskilled are pretty straight-forward but the skilled just gives examples of eligible and ineliglible occupations. I was just wondering if there was a complete list and not just examples please?

Thanks x
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, the unskilled are pretty straight-forward but the skilled just gives examples of eligible and ineliglible occupations. I was just wondering if there was a complete list and not just examples please?

Thanks x
No, that's pretty much it. I would contact BC PNP and ask them if they have a dedicated list.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

That's a good idea - thanks for that!

Emma
Old Jan 8th 2009, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

This is soooooo weird, but the wording I pasted has disappeared off the BC PNP website and it doesn't say anything about retail manager being an ineligble occupation!

Spooky, could it have changed?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

That is so weird, that text I pasted about Retail Manager being an ineligible occupation for BC PNP has just disappeared from the website!!

Has it changed?

I'm guessing it is different because I am already in Canada and working in the job???
Old Jan 8th 2009, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nataliehahn
Unfortunately with a low skilled job you won't be able to apply for Federal Skilled Worker PR or Canadian Experience class. If you can get a job as a Front Desk Agent then after you've worked for your employer for 9 months, you'll be able to apply for BC PNP.
With a low skilled job you can apply for skilled worker application, however you need to have a PNP certificate in order to do so.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

This is what has confused me because Retail Manager is O which is a skilled worker so therefore I should be able to apply through BC PNP - skilled worker. The entry-level pilot project says you should be working for your employer for 9 months but I can't find a time constraint for the skilled worker. I have sent an email asking if Retail Manager would be considered.

What makes people go through BC PNP as opposed to the FSW once they are here on a BUNAC?

Can you shed any light?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

This is what has confused me because Retail Manager is O which is a skilled worker so therefore I should be able to apply through BC PNP - skilled worker. The entry-level pilot project says you should be working for your employer for 9 months but I can't find a time constraint for the skilled worker. I have sent an email asking if Retail Manager would be considered.

What makes people go through BC PNP as opposed to the FSW once they are here on a BUNAC?

Can you shed any light?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
If the job is classed as semi-skilled then you need to have been employed for 9 months by the same employer before applying for PNP. There is no requirement for skilled worker employees you can apply right away.
PNP are usually pretty quick at responding so I would wait for a response from them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.