bc pnp, pay slips and wage

Old Sep 14th 2012, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default bc pnp, pay slips and wage

Hi all

Just wondering can anyone elaborate as to why Payslips are required for the semi skilled bc pnp stream? Is it just to prove you have worked for 9 months in an eligible occupation with the same employer? And so meet that eligibility requirement. Is there more to it than that?

On another note when the province (BC) looks at salary to make sure you earn above the threshold for nomination and are also being paid at the prevailing rate for the occupation does anyone know if they consider this from the job offer letter or current salary being paid at the time? My other half is getting a pay rise but obviously won't have been getting paid this for the whole 9 months prior to submitting out application.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 15th 2012, 3:46 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bc pnp, pay slips and wage

Originally Posted by tee1
Hi all

Just wondering can anyone elaborate as to why Payslips are required for the semi skilled bc pnp stream? Is it just to prove you have worked for 9 months in an eligible occupation with the same employer? And so meet that eligibility requirement. Is there more to it than that?

On another note when the province (BC) looks at salary to make sure you earn above the threshold for nomination and are also being paid at the prevailing rate for the occupation does anyone know if they consider this from the job offer letter or current salary being paid at the time? My other half is getting a pay rise but obviously won't have been getting paid this for the whole 9 months prior to submitting out application.

Thanks in advance
Presumably pay cheque stubbs are required as it is harder to make those up when proving salary paid as this is the information submitted to CRA. they may also cross cheque with CRA. I doubt slary considerations would be made from a job offer letter. Anybody can make that up, it is what is actually paid that matters.

Not sure why it matter why the need it, if they need it, then there is no option.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Presumably pay cheque stubbs are required as it is harder to make those up when proving salary paid as this is the information submitted to CRA. they may also cross cheque with CRA. I doubt slary considerations would be made from a job offer letter. Anybody can make that up, it is what is actually paid that matters.

Not sure why it matter why the need it, if they need it, then there is no option.
Thankyou, I just want to understand the process as much as possible. The more I know the better we can do our application. From what I understand salary and hours info is taking from the job offer letter for the skilled stream so was curious about semi skilled.

After looking at the pnp site a bit more it say's the "regular wage the employer pays the nominee applicant must be a rate comparable to that for equivalent jobs for workers in BC with a similar level of experience and training". My other half works in the hospitality industry so his actual pay is s*** but the tips $$$. Tips are not counted (even though BC say's it ok to pay less of a min wage due to tips ) so he need's a pay rise in order to meet the average pay, it only 50 odd cent but was just curious if anyone knows if he need's to have been getting paid the prevailing wage for the whole nine months prior to submitting our application. My boyfriends employer want to keep him and so will up his pay

Maybe anyone that has gone through the semi skilled route can offer some advise??
We can use my boyfriend's employers lawyer for a discounted rate but I don't like pay for something I can do myself especially with all the support and advise on this forum

Thankyou
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Are payslips required for skilled worker pnp, none were asked for with the application?