BC PNP paper based

Old Sep 7th 2018, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default BC PNP paper based

Hello guys, I know you will all probably tell me to be patient but we applied through paper based application and got our aor January 2nd I've linked my application online but we have literally not heard anything since January !!! (Nearly 9 months) i know its taking up to 18 months at the moment but I'm kinda panicking a bit lol. Just thought they would have asked for medical s by now ? Got no messages or anything I've never contacted ci c before do you guys think I should? Or is it to early at the moment. Thank you in advance, tamasin
Old Sep 7th 2018, 4:43 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC PNP paper based

Originally Posted by Tamasin1
Hello guys, I know you will all probably tell me to be patient but we applied through paper based application and got our aor January 2nd I've linked my application online but we have literally not heard anything since January !!! (Nearly 9 months) i know its taking up to 18 months at the moment but I'm kinda panicking a bit lol. Just thought they would have asked for medical s by now ? Got no messages or anything I've never contacted ci c before do you guys think I should? Or is it to early at the moment. Thank you in advance, tamasin
Current processing time for Paper based applications is 19 months, not including the time for the Province part of the process.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ing-times.html

There's no point in contacting them at this stage, they most likely would not respond anyway as you are not 'over' 19 months since you applied. Medicals are only valid for a year so you want to leave those as long as possible anyway - and they tend to be one of the last things asked for.

I wouldn't worry - immigration is a lengthy process, so use the time whilst you are waiting to get organised and prepared for when you do move over!
If you are in a hurry to be here, have you asked the Province if they will give you a work permit support letter so you can get a TWP?
Ignore that part, I see you are already here with a TWP! Woops, sorry!
You could also check the status on eCAS - sometimes that gets updated sooner than MyCIC.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/int...p=ecas&lang=en
This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications in the past 12 months.

This processing time only applies to the federal part of the processing (at the visa office) once we have received the complete applications. It does not include the time it takes for the province or territory to process the nomination certificate.
Your application may be delayed or returned if it’s not complete.

19 months

If it’s been longer than the time shown above since you applied, check your application status. If you don’t see an update, contact us using the Web form.

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 7th 2018 at 4:47 am.
Old Sep 7th 2018, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello yes I tried the other site you said already still no update thou !! Yes we are already head on a 2 year work permit thanks to our bc pn p work support letter. Just trying to be patient that's all, and panicking just a bit that's all. Thankyou
Old Sep 7th 2018, 10:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely too early if you're only 9 months in, I wouldn't expect to hear a thing until at least a year has passed, probably more like 15 months.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Thank you siouxe and christmasoompa your help is very much appreciated, I did think that it would probably be towards the end of the year just getting a bit jittery that's all lol 😏, so (correct me if I'm wrong) our police checcheckks only last a year and obviously we sent them with out application in November last year i thought they only last a year so will we have to get them done again ? By the time they ask for medical and then start background check out police gets certificates will be over a year old won't they ? Thank you again guy's. Tamasin
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tamasin1
so (correct me if I'm wrong) our police checcheckks only last a year
Depending on the country they are for, they may still be valid (if you haven't lived in a country since then they are valid indefinitely). You may be required to send new ones, but just wait and see if they are requested - it's certainly not an issue if they are (other than having to pay for more!).
Old Sep 11th 2018, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Thank you christmasoompa (again) we have never lived anywhere other than the uk . So just gotta have a little more patients then, bet you can't wait till I get p.r so I don't bug you guys anymore lol 😏