Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BC PNP Nomination applications made in May 2014

BC PNP Nomination applications made in May 2014

Old Aug 27th 2014, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

stuartgrahamjames is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BC PNP Nomination applications made in May 2014

I received my file number on may 13th with confirmation of my application. processing times approx 14-16 weeks. This now means i am in week 16 and have yet to hear anything back.

Has anyone submitted their application roughly the same time heard any news ?
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC PNP Nomination applications made in May 2014

Originally Posted by stuartgrahamjames
I received my file number on may 13th with confirmation of my application. processing times approx 14-16 weeks. This now means i am in week 16 and have yet to hear anything back.

I just found the spreadsheet below which may give you an indication of processing times, however, it says on the BC PNP website that current processing is 5-6 months, so you may have a bit longer to wait.

Welcome BC - Processing Times

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

njj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nice

Hi there,

we applied the beginning of June and we were told 5 to 6 months too.

Hopefully it will happen sooner though

Old Aug 28th 2014, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

stuartgrahamjames is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses , this is exactly what was said in my email at the beginning of May "Our current processing time is approximately 14-16 weeks " surly my position in the the application processing Que. Is not affected by the change in processing times made later on in June. Am I right in thinking that's this is probably applicable more to the influx of applications received then ?

FYI the only piece of information I managed to get out of the bc pnp office is that they have just recently finished reviewing all of the march applications. Does anyone know if they respond to nominations as and when each individual case has be reviewed or in batches ?

Lots of questions I know, but I'm really at a loose end here as I was under the impression I would know this week
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

I sent mine off in at the start of February(2014), I think the 2nd or 3rd was when they emailed to tell me they had it, they emailed back saying it would take 14-16 weeks. It took them an age to take my payment too, it was the 20th of march before they finally charged my card. I got the approval letter on the 27th of may which was 2 days after my work permit had expired... But the approval letter was dated the 13th of may, so it was approved a couple of weeks before it was posted ...

so anyway it took me

6.5 weeks for the payement to happen
13 weeks to get approved(according to the date on the letter)
15 weeks to actually get the letter that is required to get a work permit..

actually doesnt sound that long now, it felt a lot longer at the time though.. It seems to be getting slower though, I visited an immigration lawyer in june(2013) to discuss my opitions(didn't use their services in the end) and then I was told it was around 8-10 weeks processing time, So I think the times are slowing down at a high rate unfortunatley.. I do think they take into account the time your current work permit expires though.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:51 am
Finally I'm LANDED

desire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to behold

Hi OP,
I applied for my BCPNP on April 7th and received it on August 28th and i live on the mainland so i drove down to collect it. Good thing too because when i checked it, they had me down as a supervisor for an Asian restaurant (I'm a supervisor for Xerox Canada)lol. That would have cost me another 2wks turn around just for the correction.
So that was 19wks from confirmation of documents received to PNP letter. I paid with a bank draught so the payment was instant as far as my bank account was concerned.
Cheers,
Mike
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

hitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant future

I think sometimes they are a bit inconsistent! I applied in March 2014, and it took 9 weeks!
Old Sep 4th 2014, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Quoting 5-6 months on their website at present and the email I got in early August said the same.

I applied on 29th July (to beat the change in definition of Dependent Child).

If it was 14-16 weeks in May, the implication is that they must be receiving applications twice as fast as they are processing them, as the wait time has gone up at the rate of about 1 week per week since May...
Old Sep 4th 2014, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

dechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stuartgrahamjames

I applied the same time as you still not heard anything myself either they also told me 14-16 weeks.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Jigvan is an unknown quantity at this point

File Received on June 2...AOR received on July 2 ...still waiting for approval letter
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jigvan
File Received on June 2...AOR received on July 2 ...still waiting for approval letter
Processing times of 8-9 months are now being quoted. So it could be next year.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Does anybody know when one can apply for TWP while waiting for PR under PNP from outside Canada? Can you get the TWP at POE?
Thanks.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 10:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hasan78
Hi
Does anybody know when one can apply for TWP while waiting for PR under PNP from outside Canada? Can you get the TWP at POE?
Thanks.
You can get a TWP at first stage approval i.e. nomination by the province (you wouldn't have applied for PR by then).

And you can possibly get the TWP at POE, depending on your citizenship.

HTH.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Oompa!

Oh! That is great. Do you know by any chance how long ontario PNP processing time is for employer prescreening and employee/nominee application for high skilled job?

It is British so POE TWP should be ok then!

Oh dear! I should have advised my employer to do PNP not LMIA....
Old Oct 15th 2014, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

njj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nice

Hi
Has anybody had any response yet ?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.