BC pnp nomination

Old Nov 19th 2017, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

milly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC pnp nomination

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The PNP nomination letter is sufficient. Is the letter employer specific or just an employer in BC? Either way all he needs to do is present the letter at the POE and he will be issued a work permit and pay the fees of $155 for the work permit and if it not employer specific another $100 processing fee. If it is employer specific then they should have paid the $230 compliance fee and then you only need to pay the $155.
This can all be done on arrival.
As for you unless working in health care or with vulnerable persons you won't need a medical for other jobs however one will be required once the PR application is submitted.
Oh good question, he's got a specific job lined up over there but not sure what the nomination letter says exactly. His job doesn't need a medical (IT) and as I don't actually know what I'll be doing over there yet and don't have a job lined up I'm assuming I won't need one before we go over either.

It'll probably take us a few months to get organised anyway though, so it might be easier to get our medicals done here.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 4:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milly_m
Oh good question, he's got a specific job lined up over there but not sure what the nomination letter says exactly. His job doesn't need a medical (IT) and as I don't actually know what I'll be doing over there yet and don't have a job lined up I'm assuming I won't need one before we go over either.

It'll probably take us a few months to get organised anyway though, so it might be easier to get our medicals done here.
Don't get your medicals done until you are asked for them - they are only valid for a year (i.e. your COPR will only be valid until the medicals expire) and will likely be cheaper to have done in Canada than the UK anyway.

Old Nov 19th 2017, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
The named Employer needs to have paid the compliance fee if the WP will be tied/LMIA exempt and you need the receipt and all the relevant numbers. You cannot pay this fee.
Hello snowy so the route I've explained that we will be taking will I need the compliance thing why has nothing been mentions on any paperwork that I have received? Like nomination letter and work permit support letter and other things?

I've just gone through the whole of the bcpnp website and nothing comes up about any compliance fee that my new manager has to pay? Is there a link one of you guys can give me please. Thankyou tamasin

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 19th 2017 at 9:15 pm. Reason: Merged. Please don't bump your posts, thanks.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Tamasin,

If a work permit is LMIA Exempt/tied to the employer (not open), the employer needs to pay the compliance fee. If you don't have this, the Work Permit will be refused/not issued (FL will confirm this). From what you've said, there is no reason to think your situation falls into one of the exemptions.

If you/your employer aren't sure about the process, you/they need to get help so it can be explained to them as quite a lot of info is required when setting up the account and paying the fee.

Last edited by Snowy560; Nov 19th 2017 at 11:14 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

milly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond repute

Tamasin I think we're in the same boat, I'm getting my husband to check with his employer about the compliance fee as his job is LMIA exempt.

We'll just have to wait and see how quickly we get an ITA for EE for the medical, as we'll only have 90 days to apply. If we might not be in Canada until nearer the end of that time we'll probably get them done here.

I've got a pesky doctorate to finish here and I'm at the mercy of my examiners and when they are available!
Old Nov 20th 2017, 11:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tamasin1
Hello snowy so the route I've explained that we will be taking will I need the compliance thing why has nothing been mentions on any paperwork that I have received?
Because you're not the employer, and so it's not relevant to you.

I've just gone through the whole of the bcpnp website and nothing comes up about any compliance fee that my new manager has to pay?
It is on the website, but as said above, it depends on your stream (I'm still not clear on which one you're applying under). For instance, here's info about when in the process it should be paid for the Healthcare stream (taken from the PNP website) - https://www.healthmatchbc.org/Docume...Map-Final.aspx

Is there a link one of you guys can give me please.
Here's the actual link to pay - Employer Portal

HTH.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Christmasoompa we are going through the bcpnp fsw stream paper based ( not EE ) you say I won't have to worry about it but when we fly out and get to the poe with my PNP nomination, work permit support letter, and my medical ( working with children ) and money for mine and Hubby's work permits and job offer the CBSA officer will then ask if my new manager has played the compliance fee! I spoke to her last night and she said she hasn't been asked for anything else. Am I not understanding something cause I'm thinking that if we was to apply from here in England (work permit) then they will have to contact my manager but if we are flying in at poe then what happens with the compliance fee? I hope that makes a bit of sense. Tamasin
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hello again guys its me again ( please don't roll your eyes lol ) I'm still really struggling with this compliance fee I've emailed bcpnp no response yet and ircc again no response I think that its because we are flying into poe for our work permits and not applying for them from the UK nothing will be mentioned so I will have to get my new manager to pay it soon, we are going through bcpnp fsw stream ( paper based) its stressing me out please someone tell me I'm right x
Old Nov 24th 2017, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Even if a person applies for their WP online, if the WP compliance fee is applicable proof of it having been paid would need to be supplied when making the application. As I said before, if you and your Employer aren't sure what to do, I'd suggest getting help for the Employer to set up the account, provide the docs etc.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Hi Tamasin,

We have been struggling to get our heads around the work permit stuff as well but I found these links yesterday:

Employer Portal
Hire a temporary worker through the International Mobility Program

The second one mentions the compliance fee. We're exempt from an LMIA so I'm assuming my husband's employer needs to submit his job to the portal...